CHAPTER:36 || Past Memories

~***~

~***~

JULY 17, 1988 (London, United Kingdom)

| MAE |

I opened my eyes and everything was blurred. I heard muffled voices. I blinked my eyes several times before finally my senses came back. I felt a tight grip on my hand. I turned my head and saw him sitting besides me, holding my hand as he looked at me with an expression of wary and pain, his beautiful deep eyes were red and teary making me worried immediately.

"Thank God, you are alright..." He almost whispered, leaning down and kissing my forehead repeatedly. I looked around and realized we were in a hospital room. There was a bandage on my left elbow and I felt sharp pain in my back and left thigh making me recall the dreadful event.

"A car hit me..." I said in a raspy voice, holding my head and felt a bandage.

He clenched his jaw closing his eyes. He reached for something on the side table and gave it to me.

My breath stopped.

There was a picture that literally gave me goosebumps as my blood ran cold.

It was a part of painting by Michelangelo. I looked at Michael and he was just staring at me blankly. His grip was dead tight on my hand. Only one expression on his face. Anger. Pure and utter anger.

"It was found in an envelope near you, after the accident. It was him. I don't know how and why was he here but it was him!" He said almost yelling.

"Is he the one behind all of this, and hitting me--"

"Pray to God that it isn't him. Because if it's him in any goddamn way, I swear I will destroy Eric." He seethed. My heart trembled for I've never heard him speak with so much venom.

"How was he here? And how did he knew where we were?"

"I don't know Mae. I really don't know." He stroked my head gently. "I promise I will do everything in my power to find him. If Bill would have not been there, I don't even know what would have happened..." He said and his voice cracked. My heart broke as my eyes heated up tears.