CHAPTER:49 || Beautiful Surprise

[Michael Jackson Bad Tour Rehearsals - Pensacola 1988]

:

AUGUST 28, 1988 (Leeds, United Kingdom)

| MICHAEL |

When we played tag in grade school
You wanted to be It.
But chasing boys was just a fad
You crossed your heart you'd quit.When we grew up you traded
Your promise for my ring
Now just like back to grade school
You're doing the same old thing!

I signaled them to stop the music.

"Can we put the volume of the music just a bit down. I want my vocals to be heard clearly. Okay?" I explained exactly what I wanted. "Just increase the volume of my vocals a bit." I again took my place.

"Just pick from where we left." I said and the music started to play.

Stop, the love you save may be your own!
Darling, take it slow
Or some day you'll be all alone.
You'd better stop, the love you save may be your own!
Darling, look both ways before you cross me
You're headed for the danger zone.

"Here, after the dance sequence, will be a very brief pause, right after the music will end." I explained. "Then the music for I'll be there will start," I directed. "Then, Darryl will sing Jermaine's part like always, while I'll do... whatever I will do," they all chuckled briefly, making me smile.

"So, let's do it from 'Don't ya know baby...' because this part is exactly the one I want perfectly perfect. I want the fans to feel it, to feel the music, to join me. Okay," I turned around to face Brad, my music technician for tour. "One... Two... Three..." I gave the cue and music started to play.

Don't ya know baby yeah, yeah...

I'll be there,

I started to wave my hand, like I would do on stage and my co dancers in back did the same.

"Come on everybody!" I shouted in mic, like I would do, asking my fans to sing along.  

I'll be there
Just call my name,

and I'll be there

"Just look over your shoulders, honey! Oooh..." Passion, music and song took over me like always, taking me to some another world, where I always feel like I am the music.

I'll be there

"Everybody, sing it!"

I'll be there

"You are beautiful!" It was all coming naturally, it was like, I was actually performing, talking to my fans.

Just call my... 

I paused very briefly and then I pulled that long note, which is almost 15 seconds long.

Naaame...

The music faded away and after very few moments an amusing voice cut the silence.

"And now Michael will 'cry', and all the female fans will go absolutely crazy!" LaVelle Smith said, making every one laugh.

My face burnt like fire. "Geez! I feel it, okay? And it's called performance plus my emotions are real most of the times." I defended myself and they all laughed even more.