CHAPTER:13 || Spark and Smoke

~***~

~***~

DECEMBER 4, 1987 (LA, California, USA)

| MICHAEL |

I opened my eyes at the loud noises of laughter and looked around and Mae was not anywhere near. I quickly stood up, walking out of the studio and... saw her hugging a boy.

It was like my blood was petrol and someone set it on fire. Wild, uncontrollable fire. He was holding her tight. Well she was doing the same. I just wanted to rip away his limbs for some strange reason.

Who the hell is he?!

"Did you miss me Hyena?" He asked giggling.

"Don't call me that you stupid!" She said hitting his arm playfully and I glared outraged, as I felt my hands clenching in tight fists.

"Oh I will call you that and right now, if you'll not let me in." That rat of a boy said ruffling Mae's hair. And she laughed, slapping his hand away before pinching his cheek.

Don't. Touch him.

"Mae?" I called her and she turned to face me, with a huge smile on her face which burned me deep inside.

And that boy looked at me too, like he was about to freak out but simply raised his eyebrows at me with a stupid smile on his face. Does he know about me being friends with Mae?

"Michael, he's Daniel. He's one of the closest people in my life." She introduced him with a huge grin on her face.

Wow.

She never told me anything about this 'sudden Daniel thing' being so close to her.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Jackson. I am so honored to finally see you in person. I am a huge fan. I've heard so much about you from her. I can't believe I am talking to you." He said, looking at Mae with those blue eyes of his before stretching his hand towards me.

I faked a smile before decently shaking his hand just because he admired my music and I adore all of my fans. "Nice to meet you too. Daniel." I didn't meant to stress his name that much but it just came out.

We headed towards the couches and settled down. "When did you came back? I saw you last like, one and a half year ago." She said looking at him as she sat close to him. Way more than it was even necessary. Atleast I thought so.

"You know it's a part of my job. What do you even expect from a professional wild life photographer? You are a Hyena indeed." He said slapping her head playfully before they side hugged.

Great.

Just Great.

Stop. Hugging.