CHAPTER:14 || My Sunshine

~***~

~***~

DECEMBER 4, 1987 (LA, California, USA)

| MAE |

"C'mon. Trust me." He said smiling, stretching his hand for me to hold. I held his hand tightly.

"Michael, honestly I still don't think it's right for me to stay here. I mean, I don't know-"

"Shh. Just relax." He said putting his finger on my lips before he took out my bag and held my hand leading me to his house.

He rang the bell of his huge mansion before holding my hand again. The door flung open and there stood Janet, her eyes darting at our hands and then at the bag before a huge grin spread across her face and she hugged Michael.

"Welcome home." She said pulling away and then hugged me.

"It's so great to see you again, Mae! We all missed you." She said before stepping aside for us to enter inside and my grip on his hand tightened as I saw his brothers sitting on the couches. He simply intertwined our fingers together, tightly and I swear they all looked at our hands and then at me like I was an alien or something.

"This is Mae, my..." He paused before looking at me. My heart fluttered like never before at the way he looked at me. I couldn't help but to look away, but for some reason I looked back at him. "Best friend?" He said, still looking in my eyes. His face was so blank when he introduced me. But why it sounded to me like it was a question?

"Woah! Boy you got a really good one this time. She's way better than others were. You better keep her." My eyes grew large at the unexpected comment as my face burnt like fire.

"Shut up Tito! Don't even try to make her feel uncomfortable."

"Ooooh! Possessiveness. Uh uh Mikey." I guess Randy? Teased him, smirking and wiggling his brows at Michael.

"Do you want a good one on your mouth Randy?" Michael said as I felt his grip on our intertwined hands tightening before he lead me upstairs to a huge room, I guess his room.

"God. I am so sorry, Mae. They are idiots." He said embarrassed, shaking his head.

"But you don't have to worry about it for long. I'll be shifting in my new house in Los Olivos. Mae, it's... It's a huge property. Almost 3000 ac. I am planning to have my own amusement park there, with lots of rides. My own zoo, having several animals, exotic animals. Movie theater, dance studio. My own Recording studio. It'll be so beautiful. Only my mother knows about it and now you."

The happiness and sparkle in his eyes when he was telling me about his house made my heart warm. I was so happy to see that. The way his face lit up, it was like my heart filled up with happiness leaving behind every bit of sorrow.

"Can we go to see that?" I asked looking hopefully at him. His face lit up even more at my question as he smiled, biting his lip.

Biting... His... Lip...