CHAPTER:57 || Slander

~***~I am back, finally!

~***~
I am back, finally!

Here is your chapter. I hope you'll like it.
😊❤️
:

SEPTEMBER 26, 1988 (Los Olivos, USA)

| MICHAEL |

"Eureka! Michael you've got a really smart one I must say."

My blood set on fire as I clenched my jaws closing my eyes shut.

I knew he didn't liked Mae since the very beginning but I never thought he would stoop this low.

"How did you caught him?" Mae's soft but stern voice asked Jedrek.

"Well, I was constantly searching for anything or anyone that I could connect to this case to take it further. When that day I came to your studio, Michael, Mr. DiLeo's behavior hit me hard. Then I thought about everything, how he blocked your calls, how he had problems with your relationship." My breathing kept on increasing with each word he said as rage boiled inside of me.

"I got search warrants issued for his home and his work places." He then paused, making my heart race even more. "Michael, from his office, I found a mobile phone which was hidden in one of his drawers. I instantly checked the phone call records, the locations in specific. There was this one number that caught my attention." I clenched my jaws, listening to him intently. "Ofcourse the number's a private one. There were no calls, Michael. But there was this extremely weird text he sent to this number saying, 'Envelope', in April of '88, before Eric broke into Ms. Scarlette's house. That caught every bit of my attention." his words left me almost breathless.

"Then he sent exactly the same text, again to that private number before you went to the Royal dinner and exactly same happened before her accident in UK!" he said and I clenched my jaws. I was unable handle my rage.

"His location would be anywhere in a secluded area before and after these texts. This was extremely weird. But just to make everything concrete, I got locations of the phone Mr. DiLeo always use and then compared the locations and dates with the other phone's. They matched perfectly."

I clenched my jaws and my fists so tight my fingers felt numb. I then felt Mae's hand on my shoulder but I was too numb out of rage that I refused to acknowledge her.

"After I had my evidence I reached Mr. DiLeo and bombarded him with questions and ofcourse he tried to defend himself saying he was being trapped unless I showed him everything. He couldn't say a word, Michael. That's how I caught him."

I closed my eyes tight as I felt myself shaking with utter rage. "Jedrek. Where is that bastard?!" My voice was so harsh and deep as my words slipped through gritted teeth before I opened my eyes.

"He is under our custody because everything is clearly pointing at him that he is behind all of the planning. Ms. Crow was responsible for placing the envelopes and telling your locations which is a huge crime but she accepted her deed and got some time off but this man..." he shook his head. "He is as rigid as a rock. Although I am having enough evidence to prove it's him, he still claims it's not him."