CHAPTER:73 || Hunting the Hunter

~***~

~***~

Faaam!!!
Hold your hearts!! Hold your breaths!!
This is the chapter that will decide everything!
The climax is here you all!!! 😰

I've worked extremely hard on this one. So, your feedback would be highly appreciated. I really hope you all will like this! 😊❣️

~***~

NOVEMBER 23, 1988 (LA, California, USA)

| MAE |

It was way more difficult and hard than I had imagined. The next morning when we were standing in front of the closed door of the hospital room where my father was inside, it was giving me shivers.

What if he doesn't believe me?

I know he won't believe me.

He is no fool!

"Hey," I was snapped out of the frenzy of my thoughts at Michael's soft voice. He looked into my eyes and smiled softly, holding my hand. "We're in this together. Everything will end today. Everything. You can do this." His trust in me made me believe in myself and a very small smile appeared on my face. I nodded.

Not giving myself another chance, I grabbed the doorknob and opened the room. I almost froze at the gaze of the man who was my father. He was sitting on the couch, wearing his regular clothes, supposedly waiting for the doctors to come and inform him that he could leave.

His sharp blue eyes then threw daggers at Michael who was standing besides me. Then his blue eyes again looked at me. He then smiled slyly, stood up and walked towards us.

"What a pleasant surprise." He said. His tone vaguely suggesting that he indeed was not expecting us. "Is my daughter here to escort her father?" He said sarcastically. I scoffed weakly.

"What brings you here?" With his hands locked behind his back, he turned around,
walking away, his voice stern all of a sudden. "I'm sure you aren't here to visit or take me after my discharge."

"I'm here to take you home." I said. He froze. My heart started to beat faster. He then slowly turned to face me and started to chuckle, shaking his head. His sharp eyes studied me, he narrowed his eyes as he titled his head.

"And you want me to believe this?" He chuckled. He then pointed a finger at me. Panic filled my entire soul. "How stupid do you think I am, hmm?" His face then turned to stone. "No one knew about my discharge today, it's clear your scumbag of a detective was keeping an eye on me." He said and I cursed under my breath. "I will not go anywhere with you, but, yeah, you will definitely go with me." He declared. My heart dropped. Michael's grip on my hand tightened.

"She won't go anywhere with you." Michael growled. My father's eyes sharply looked at him.

"I forgot that you were here." My father said with a blank face as he looked at Michael. "Get out."