CHAPTER:67 || Pain and True Love

~***~

~***~

I'm back you all! 😁❤️

Can't believe I actually completed this chapter. Lol! Hope you'll like it!

Off you go!

~***~

NOVEMBER 18, 1988 (Los Olivos, USA)

| MAE |

"And... And after that, all I know is that I opened my eyes in my car that Brooke was driving. She told me, she got my father to a hospital and... and..." I swallowed hard. I held Jedrek's hands in utter desperation as I looked at his completely baffled and shocked face. "I never wanted to do that. For... For that one moment I wanted to hurt him. I wanted him out of our lives but I... I'm not like that. I'm not a criminal. He..." I swallowed. "He... Said such obnoxious things about Michael without knowing him... H-He made our lives a living hell. He wanted to... k-kill Michael. I just... I'm not a criminal, Jedrek. I swear I'm not—"

"Mae,"  Jedrek said holding my shoulders as his hazel eyes looked intently at me. I briefly looked at Bill who was now pacing the floor in utter frustration and confusion. "I know you. I know who you are, okay?" He said in a soft voice as I sobbed uncontrollably. He then looked away as I saw utter confusion and slight fear in his eyes for the first time. "I... I need to go. I just..." He stopped, then looked at me again, holding my trembling hands. "I won't let anything happen to you. I promise. I'll find a way to make everything fine." He gave my hands a reassuring squeeze before he stood up. He gave Bill a look at which he nodded and followed Jedrek instantly.

I then instantly turned to look at Michael and my heart dropped. I carefully cupped his beautiful face which was so blank and devoid of any and every possible expression. I looked deep into his eyes which were staring blankly at space. He looked more broken than ever.

"Michael, please—" Before I could've completed he held my hands which were on his face, making me stop, and looked at me briefly.

"You need to eat. You need to rest, okay?" He sounded so distant and so stone like that I felt a chilling bolt running throughout me. He removed my hands from his face and without looking at me he left. I just kept staring at the staircase from where he left as my heart broke. I hugged my knees and buried my face there as I sobbed quietly.

Everything was so much against us. All I've ever wanted was a happy and peaceful life. Was it too much for me to ask?

Not long after Michael left, I again heard the doors of room getting opened, followed by fast footsteps. And soon I saw Janet and LaToya reaching me. As soon as I saw them I broke down even more. Both of them hugged me tight as they tried to carry their own sobs. But then they pulled away and Janet held my face, wiping away my tears but her own eyes were teary.