CHAPTER:15 || Healing the Wounds

~***~

~***~

DECEMBER 7, 1987 (Los Olivos, California, USA)

| MICHAEL |

We were sitting under this huge tree after having a tour of my new house. I... I wish I could say it ours.

Her face, each and every expression she had on her face during the house tour made my heart grew larger in size. She loved my Studio the most. I can't wait till the finishing.

"I would have never ever thought that your family would accept me happily. I am so grateful that they like me." She said placing her head on my shoulder as she was sitting besides me hugging her knees to her chest.  My head instinctively rested on hers, like something so natural, like a habit.

"They don't like you Mae, they love you. We all love you so much." I said closing my eyes gently for I wished her feelings were same as mine for her.

"I am so grateful and I love you all equally." She said snuggling her face into me that I was able to feel her warm breath against the skin of my neck, giving me goosebumps and I stiffened. I felt shivers down my spine every time I felt her breath hitting me. This was driving me crazy. Absolutely crazy. My heart was pounding insanely inside my chest, like it was about to break it's strands and leap out to reach her. I was unable to breathe at the moment.

I suddenly found myself standing up and walking away slowly, rubbing my hands on my heated face as I inhaled deeply to calm myself. I... I felt this urge to kiss her which was so, so strong that I couldn't gather myself anymore. Just like that night, when I had to leave so abruptly. 

I know she kissed me before, that other day. I felt her. But I didn't do anything, intentionally. The way she was caressing my hair, the way she traced her fingers so softly on my face. I am out of my senses since then. I am so numb since then. 

Why did she kissed me like that? Why did she do that? Does... Does she feels the same? There can't be any other reason. This question is driving me insane.

I want the answer.

I need to know the answer.

"Michael?" I felt her placing her hand on my shoulder as she called me. Her voice full of worry. It makes me insane how strongly her touch affects me. 

"Michael, what's wrong?" She said again as I didn't faced her. Then she came in front of me so that I was forced to see her.

"What's wrong? Why you stood up so suddenly?" She asked again, with a frown at her forehead as I took a quick glance at her beautifully sculpted face.

"It's... it's nothing. Nothing." I lied, moving away from her but she held my hand tightly.

"You're lying." She challenged, making me gulp hard.