Breakup

========================================
Dallas Smith
26

Hunter Fallon
24
========================================

Dallas' P.O.V

A smile spread across my lips. My eyes closed for only a second before my smile fell. I turned the radio up to listen to the song I've skipped so many times. My gaze fell to the bracelet on my wrist. Many of our friends would joke about how girly it makes me look. With the sea blue beads and the small cross pendent. It was one of the few things I carried around with me.

Looking up to the red light my eyes drifted to the small BBQ joint I was heading to. My eyes looked at you with emotionless eyes. He stood there with a big smile across his lips holding the hand of another man. I looked away bitting my lips. Looking at you still hurt. All the memories that filled my mind every second of every day made me want to just stop this agony.

I couldn't escape you. I wanted to leave, burn this small town down behind me. But every time I drove towards that city limits sign, I just couldn't. Everywhere I went you were there. Every party in this small town I went to, you just had to show up. Every gosh dang store you'd be there holding his hand. Kissing his cheek with the biggest smile I've ever seen on your lips.

I gunned it when the light turned green and drove straight home. I didn't have to see when you looked in my direction to know that I didn't fail to make you notice me. But it would make any difference. You're in love with him and not me.

When I got home, I got out slamming the door. Pulling at the back of my head and slamming my head against the door of my truck. Tears stung my eyes for the second time this day. Kicking the gravel with my boots and making my way to the backyard.

I watched as the birds that hung out in my yard fly away once I got too close. Slamming the back door behind me. Bandit came running licking my jeans. After he was done with me he looked behind me, his happy mood instantly turning off.

"Not today bud. Frankly he's not ever come back. I know how you feel," I said patting his head throwing my key on the counter and walking to the living room. I groan seeing Daisy. "What are you doing here?" I ask walking right passed her to my room.

"Come on Dallas, you need to move on. You've been miserable since he left. Yeah you love him but he doesn't love you anymore! This is why I took matters into my own hands," I pressed my hand to my forehead feeling the fever I've had for two days now.

"I don't need to move on. What are you even talking about?" I ask feeling another round of tears when Daisy didn't stop her rambling.

"Tonight your going to meet this wonderful girl that your going to really like. Your going and that's the end of it. Don't try to make yourself look ugly okay. I want this to work," Daisy said looking at me with concern.

"I don't need your stupid blind dates okay. Hunter was and is my first love. I can't ever get rid of him," I said lashing out. Hunter meant everything to me. We had been together for five years and I had to go and mess everything up.

"You don't have to forget about him. I mean I still remember my first love and wish that I ended up with him but did I? No. Did I go on wallowing in my sadness? No, so you shouldn't either. Try this girl out. If she's not what your looking for they just try again. But I hate seeing you so depressed over Hunter," Daisy said looking at me with stern eyes.