Main Character

This one is a sad one so read at your own risk.

-Lucas' P.O.V-

   -"Hi there, I'm Lucas Pinn 24 years old and I want to be the star of your show," I smiled confidently at the three judges in front of me. They all had stoic faces, none showed a smile. I knew it was because they've been watching auditions all day but I brought my confidence down a notch.

Clearing my throat I acted out the scene I had chosen. I gave it my all, pitting every last bit of emotion I could into it. This was going to be my masterpiece to jumpstart to the career I've always dreamed of.

After my act was over I turned to see the judges reactions, and I was glad to see the impressed looks on their faces. Smiling giddily I took a bow before opening the door to the waiting room. My smile faded when I noticed Kelly, my younger brother, but that smile came back the minute he looked up from his script.

"Lucas! I didn't know you were auditioning for this movie," he smiled from ear to ear when he hopped in front of me. "I was looking through the script and I was thinking that I was going to audition for the lead. He sounds so cool."

"Oh that's great, have fun! Good luck too," I smiled patting his back before wandering off to my seat. Now would be the time to kiss that part goodbye. Why should I do this? Well I'm never the main character, like at all.

Now I'm not talking about movies and shows, I'm talking about real life. It felt like a shadow was casted over my head my whole life. My brothers and sisters always came out on top whilst I was ranked lower than all of them.

When there was a boy I liked my older sister Rachel liked him too, and it wasn't even like I told her like someone and she purposely went out and stole his heart. She just attracted the guys that I had my eyes on and they always picked her, never me.

There was this one time however that I met this boy at a ice cream parlor and we hit it off. I had been so close to asking him out, that was until he met my little brother Kelly and was all over him. It bummed me out but I've learned to live with the life I've got.

Even if my 'character' wasn't all that important to the story I was still there. I couldn't tell you of a time were I came out on top or there was any attention on me. If second grade soccer counted then yeah I guess I have.

How did that go you might ask. Well me and my twin Alec were signed up to soccer by our mother. Me and Alec look very similar, except I got my dad's curly hair and Alec got our mom's straight hair. So when I won a goal everyone high fives me, that didn't last long when Alec scored five goals in a row and gained all the attention from the parents and our team.

It got me down at the time but as soon as I was given a caprisun I got over it.  You might also be asking about why I brought up the hair, well Alec was always the cuter twin. He had freckles that made him look even cuter and these blue eyes that contrasted with his dark skin.

That and teachers would get us confused a lot. During parent teacher conferences the teachers would talk about our amazing accomplishments, however those accomplishments were Alec's, giving the fact we got confused with one another our behaviors and achievements got confused as well.

Teachers would give a pat on the back to Alec who didn't do anything when it was me who did it. I didn't stick up for myself because I was afraid. Alec took the compliments like any kid would, it would make you feel happy and pleased.