Broken Heart

I'm sorry for any errors. This story like most of mine end up with me making it up along the way. I try to go back and fix any changes but sometimes I forget.

=====================================
Garrett Harris

Kit Joreson

Marley Jet
=====================================

-Kit's P.O.V-

   I watched as students conversed with one another. Laughing, gossiping, chatting, goofing around. Everything you'd expect from a group of teenagers. Little things like this is what I wish I could do, but due to my situation fitting in wasn't something that came easily to me. I don't fit into my family.

   This wasn't my fault, did I want to be shunned from the world? No, I wanted to do what every kid did as a child, be a reckless teen. But there was so much standing in my way that prevented and held me back from what I wanted to do. Why couldn't I just be normal. I didn't ask for this.

Flashback

   "Come on Kit, why don't you help your father start the fire." My mama's sing song voice was my safe place. Obeying my mama, not wanting to end up in that closet again, I waddled out into the backyard getting pushed around by the dogs. "Papa," I squealed stumbling over the branches and rocks scattered across the forest floor.

   "Why don't you try starting the fire," my papa said pushing me towards the circle of rocks and pile of sticks, dead grass and leaves. Picking up the box of matches, remembering what I saw my papa do so many times, a small flame started on the top of the match. Leaning over the rocks and reaching the match into the middle of the fire. I watched the branches catch fire.

   The fire grew bigger and bigger, I couldn't get out of the way fast enough. I was pushed forward and tumbled into the blazing hot fire. The heat burned my clothes and skin. Sobbing and crying loudly, calling for my mama and papa. When I was finally pulled out of the painful heat my skin was boiling.

End

   I had my suspicions and theory's but I never wanted to believe that they did it on purpose. But between my parents and I being the only ones I recalled from that memory and when I woke up abandoned, it all just pointed to the obvious answer.

   My foster parents are the ones that make it all better. At the end of the day, after the bullying and heart ache they give me the comfort I wish my mama and papa could give me. They made me feel welcomed and gave me the love I was missing.

   Marley helps me through school. She's the sweetest girl I've ever known. When I transfer to a new home and school she became my friend. She's been by my side ever since. Although I do feel bad because she's a really pretty girl and would have all the guys swooning over her. But they just look at me and turn away.

"Hey, Kit right?" I looked up. No ones ever talked to me before. At least not this casually. My breath was caught in my thought when I saw the most handsome guy ever. "I'm Garrett, is it okay if I sit here?" He asked. My body was in shock, not being able to move anything.

He jumped onto the brick wall, sitting down next to me. The tip of his pinky finger brushed against my thigh and I felt like my entire body was about to burst into flames. "I-I, u-u-h, I n-need to go," I whispered hoping down from the the brick wall and scurrying off.
=====================================

   Taking my time locking the front door and strolling down to the sidewalk, I didn't notice the beaming boy. I stopped in my tracks lookin at the boy strangely. "Hey Kit," he said taking a few steps forward. My heart beat accelerated and I was already running down the street.