Wrong Guy

A story of a young boy who has trouble with acceptance.

=====================================

-Taylor's P.O.V-

   Dressed in my fall clothing, a pair of dark blue jeans topped with a white shirt hidden under a beige sweater, Tammy and I headed out for a night on the town. She had convinced me to go Christmas shopping while it was still a bit warm.

   We walked together under the warm lights that zig zagged across the walking path between the light up shopping mall. "Oh, let's go get some coffee. I need to stay awake to wrap all these presents." She giggled wrapped in her fuzzy winter coat and a wool scarf. I follow after her not wanting to get split up from her.

   I took my seat near the windows to watch the groups of people walk passed. Tammy went ahead and ordered our drinks for us. When she came back she told me it wouldn't take long till our drinks were ready. Looking over to the counter I found this cute boy making drinks. He was smiling with these cute dimples, and his hair was tousled in curls.

   Tammy's name was called by the boy and he set down two drinks wondering his eyes around till they met Tammy's, who was already up at the counter. They smiled warmly to each other before Tammy came back with our drinks. "Here you go, hot chocolate for the handsome fellow, and a chocolate expresso for the most beautiful and kind girl in the world."

   "Your so full of yourself," I chuckled dryly. She smiled warmly at me knowing that struggles I've been having. I just could understand why it was so easy for her to accept herself. She calls herself beautiful every chance she can. Reminding herself she smart and kind. It's all true and she makes it so easy to act the way she does.

   For me, I couldn't accept myself. When I look in that mirror I don't see anything but flaws. I call myself out on the little things with my appearance. I've been focused on my flaws that it's been engraved in my brain and I can't seem to escape it. No matter what I do or try it always comes back and I'm back to judging and bringing myself down.

   "I think I'm done with shopping for now. I'll just head home now," I said collecting my things. Tammy nods her head and gives me a hug before we parted ways. Clutching my cup in my hands, enjoying the warmth before I stepped out into the cold air. Enjoying my hot chocolate till the very last drop I went to throw it away in the trash can, but the tag on it caught my eye.

Written in messy handwriting I find a number with the message 'hey, I think you're really cute' I blush deeply pulling the tag off and throwing the cup away. Stuffing the paper in my pocket I head home feeling all giddy. Greeting my mom and dad who were sat on the couch I rush to my room and close the door lightly behind me.

Taking out the paper I take a good look at it before grabbing my phone and typing the number into my contacts. With a racing heart and thousands of thoughts I type in a message and sent it before I thought into it too much.

Hey :Me

Unknown: Hey?
Unknown: Who is this?

Oh sorry, you left a note on my drink :Me

Unknown: Oh, yeah
Unknown: What's your name again?

Taylor: Me

Unknown: Cool. I'm Daniel

It's nice to meet you Daniel :Me

Unknown: Yeah, it's nice to meet you too.
Unknown: *Picture Sent*
Unknown: Will you send me a pic?

I'm not very confident in how I look :Me

Unknown: Well for the brief moments I saw you,
you looked gorgeous.