5 Years Later

-Jason's P.O.V-

It's been roughly three years since I recovered from that accident. The doctors and my parents say I was trapped in a coma for almost two years. Half my memory was gone. I was able to recover my childhood and partial parts of my teen years. But after that nothing came about. Lost memories I'll always be missing.

   I've been trying since July 26, almost half a year, to recover those memories. At first when I woke up and realized I couldn't remember the past 7 years of life, I had no hope in being able to recover them. But then when I was stable on my own and my parents took me to my apartment that I lived in I found some peculiar items.

   A fourth of my closet was filled with shirts and pants that were much bigger than me. If it was only the shirts that were larger I wouldn't be skeptical, but the size of the pants threw me off and made me question. I found a pair of sneakers and slippers that didn't fit my small feet in the cupboard next to the door.

   Then I found a badge that was from a company I wasn't familiar with. Nor was the man of the badge me. Looking at the picture I felt this longing and sorrow in me. I could pin point why, I just knew this man had to have been a big part in my life. So for the past half a year I've been searching for this man, but my searches were fruitless till now.

   I needed to find this man to figure out what I did in the seven year I don't remember. Deep within I had this hope that if I saw this man in person that everything would come back to me. But another, much larger, part of me told me it didn't work like that. I wasn't about to give up.

   I made friends all around the city and gave them I print if the man's face I was looking for. Hoping that one day he'd walk into one of the stores and everything would play out as I imagined it to be. There have been many false alarms, many men that were confused and terrified. Today was one of those days.

   The bitter cold of winter was fresh in the air this January. I was sipping on a cup of hot cocoa typing out my article my boss so kindly gave me. The article was centered around big companies in the city. I decided to make an article talking about their success, and how an ordinary person gain take a small idea and turn it into the success they've been looking for.

   My phone rang alive next to me. A call from Helena a main cashier at the bakery just half a mile from my apartment. Putting the phone on speaker I listen to her squeal. "Jas, I think I've found him. Hurry though he's not too happy at the moment." That was all I got before she hung up. Closing my laptop I grab my jacket and phone.

   Walking as fast as my legs could take me I reach the bakery looking around. Helena grabbed my hand and pulled me to a corner of the store. When we came to a stop in front of a man and Kacey who was trying to stop the man from leaving. "Is it him?" Helena asked.

   He looks so similar to the person on the badge but something was off. "Jason!" I was snapped out of my trans to find the man looking at me with shock. "Oh my gosh!" I man stood up and put his hands on my shoulders giving me a good glance over. "Where have you been? Gavin has been so worried about you."

   I look at the man confused. How coming I'm not getting anything from this man? He has to be the man I'm looking for right? "Gavin? Who's Gavin?" The man smile left and was replaced by a frown. "Please if this Gavin guy was anything to me please take me to him, please." I beg, he has to be the one.

   "Jason," the man took a step back. "What happened? Why don't you remember Gavin? Do I have the right person?" He seemed distraught. A hand ran through his hair. "What happened to you five years ago?" The man asked. This couldn't be a coincidence, please tell be I'm right.