Award Show

a/n ; where Niall and you attend the Grammys and both are nominated for the same award.

Your P.O.V.

"Almost ready to go now love? Car's going to be here soon!" Niall called to me in the other room of our shared loft. We were lucky enough to own an apartment in New York where this year's awards were being held.

I was sitting in my walk-in closet with my hairdresser, who was putting her final touches on my long, brown hair. We had decided to curl it, knowing that would hold together the best in the crisp New York air. Niall and I were rushing to make it on time, as usual.

Niall was in the bathroom, assumingly fumbling with his bow tie. He was never able to put them on correctly. I was always the one that had to do it for him.

"Yeah, babe! Just finishing up, be out soon!"

We always agreed not to look at each other until we were 100% ready, like "some wedding day shit," according to Niall.

"You're all set, (y/n)! Want to take a look?" My hairdresser motioned to full length mirror in the closet. I wore a tight blue dress, with cut outs on the side and a plunging neck line.

I quickly grabbed my diamond earrings that Niall had given me for Christmas last year, thanked my hairdresser and walked into the bathroom to find Niall as expected, pulling at his tie, trying to get it to sit correctly on his chest.

"Hi, handsome." I said, striding towards him.

He turned from the sink top to the entrance of the bathroom, looked at me and smiled.

"Wow. You look so beautiful, babe. Like always" I smiled at his offering of compliments and motioned to begin fixing his tie.

"Need help there, Horan?" I pulled at the tie and began to retie it in attempts at making it look correct.

He laughed quickly, and smiled down to me and sighed affectionately.

"What's that about?" I ask, laughing, looking back up at him.

"Nothing." He said, still smiling.

He pulled me in for a kiss; a kiss far too passionate, far too intense for the amount of makeup that I was wearing. But still, I kissed him back, bringing my arms up to rest on his shoulders so my hands could tug at his hair.

Niall suddenly eased me up against the wall, subconsciously taking it slow, knowing that if anything we were wearing was to be messed up, we'd have a serious problem.

He began to fumble with the top of my dress, still moving painfully slow.

"(y/n) ! Niall! The driver is here, you have to get going!" My hairdresser yelled, instantaneously bringing us back to the realization that we had many things to do. Many important things.

I stepped away from him, ran to collect the rest of my things and returned to his side in our bathroom.

"I love you, (y/n). No matter what happens tonight, I'll always love ya. It's not a competition just an award show . But yeah Ill love ya. Even if you beat me. Which will not gonna happen." Even though he was joking, I could sense the nervousness in his voice.