6

Chapter Five

It was midnight, 12 o clock, when Abdul was sleeping, he heard a mysterious voice.

"Wake up, Abdul! Wake up!" said the mysterious voice.

He slowly got off from his bed. He saw a bright light in a striking presence of that of a fairy that his eyes were about to be burnt. When he saw the bright light slowly transformed into a beautiful woman who had the slight resemblance of Abdul's deceased mother. He was shredded with tears that the new hope was about to begin.

"Abdul, don't use tears! I am always there for you, son. Oh, look I am still not aged like your old haggard father!" said Abdul's 'fairy' mother.

"How did you...?" asked Abdul.

"Abdul, I am a spirit. I am allowed everywhere to fulfill your incomplete wishes. I was permitted by God as well as your grandma" said Abdul's 'fairy' mother.

"Oh, I miss you mom!" hugged Abdul with the 'fairy' mother.

"Hey, it's fine"

"Wait...Is this in my head?"

"Yes... I mean no, except you who can see me"

"I can't believe it's you until that intolerable shining light hit my face.."

"I know... a bad habit for the spirits! Anyways, I am here to talk about something you must know. You have a gift... A gift to speak with animals!"

"Dad never told me that"

"Shut up, you moron! Will he spoon feed you? After all he's a human being for God's sake"

"Sorry for that!"

The 'fairy' mother was about to leave. Tears were coming out from Abdul's face.

"It's not a goodbye after all. I will see you again but remember: you have a gift!"

Suddenly, she vanished with a spark of light. Abdul just woke up from the bed as he realized that it was a dream. Was it a dream? Or was it real?

In the morning, his eyes were opening. He heard a voice of a male and a female whose voice were not familiar.

"I think my pal's sleeping"

"He needs to"

"Damn, who'll talk to me? I feel, I got my pal back!"

"He's not the same anymore, dear Funtoosh"

"I know, he will-hey, Abby! Wake up!"

He got a glimpse of the two creatures: CATS!

The cats stood above his belly button and were speaking as if they were humans.

"Hello, pal!"

Abdul yawned.

"Is this my dream again?"

"I think, he forgot the gift!"

Abdul screamed as he ran into the bathroom and wiped his face with water as if he ate green chili or naga morich-world's hottest chili. He also gurgled. He heard a voice.

"Hey, Abdul! Don't wash your face like that!" said a child voice.

He looked back at a fat robin bird.

"Hey fella! Remember me? It's me when you saved my life as a child. I am Jumbo by the way" said the robin bird.

"Is it crazy?!" Abdul said to himself.

He was so scared that he ran outside the house. He saw the dogs angry.

"What is that party boy doing?"

"Isn't he supposed to go to the office?"

"Hey, get out of our property".

Abdul ran inside the house.

As Abdul's dad noticed his behavior, he secretly smiled at the portrait as he had his thumbs up towards it. His smile stopped when he saw Abdul came near him.

"What's wrong, son?"

"Dad, there's something wrong with my mind, dad! Something is wrong with me! I am getting crazy!"

"Hey, nothing's wrong with you! I think you were under deep sleep"

"I don't get the logic".

"It's fine" said Abdul's dad.