54

4

The next day, the teachers found out about the assignment by checking Jared's and Shahana's answer papers on which the wording had uncanny resemblances. But Kabir and Nishi were too clever to handle the assignments by changing words as well as the sentences with the addition of certain information. Shahana was playing in the basketball court.

"Ms. Shahana, to the principal's office, right now!" called the teacher.

"Yes, miss Hermia" said Shahana who was annoyed.

Therefore, she went to the office with Jared while Nishi and Kabir were laughing only at Shahana who always want to be a queen bee. But Shahana smiled that stopped both Nishi and Kabir from laughing. When they entered the class, Miss Hermia announced.

"Dear Class,

We are going for an environmental trip in the New Jersey next week in Crystal Lake. Therefore, we could have sleep in a cabin and stuff. A horror movie was also shot in it. Are you familiar with Friday The 13th?"

"The one with Jason Voorhees?" asked Nishi.

"Yes, Nishi, you are right. But don't worry, there is no horror in this Crystal Lake" said Miss Hermia.

Most of the students chuckled.

As class dismissed, Nishi had gone out of the school with the bicycle. She went to the same murder spot until, she saw an old beggar who was sitting around with a board.

YOUR MOTHER IS IN DANGER, NISHI

Nishi got scared. She rushed towards home. She found me sitting in the chair with my laptop.

"Kalam Uncle, I need to speak to you" said Nishi calmly.

"Yes, dear?" I said.

"Where is mom?" asked Nishi.

"Haven't I told you? She's abroad?" I said.

"Look uncle, the disappearance is getting worse day by day. It's getting too far!" said Nishi.

"Nishi, I think, I have to tell you the truth! I know that it would hurt your feelings but truth is bitter" I said.

"What are you hiding from me, uncle?" asked Nishi.

"She...is in the New York Mental Institution. After your father disappeared, she took you to New York to raise you well but all of a sudden, she was acting way differently as if a man was present. He even described what really happened 200 years ago. But his story was not clear but he played with her body violently. When she gets okay, she would speak to you normally. She really loves you but you need to be careful when you see her" I said.

"That means?" said Nishi.

"Yes, Peaceland is real" I said.

"Thank God that I am not in Bangladesh. Otherwise, I would be hearing these crazy stories about my parents" said Nishi.

"But these crazy stories are hitting you back, isn't it, Nishi?" I said.

"How do you know?" asked Nishi.

"I met Commissioner Wahid who came to my cabin and told me how you guys met" I said.

"I see" said Nishi.

The next day, Nishi went to the mental institution by her bicycle. She entered the mental institution and asked about the cabin. She went to Sehera's cabin. Nishi was horrified when she was knocking the door.

"Yes, come in" said the voice.

She entered the cabin and saw something that she was not prepared for. Once, that brave Sehara was now petrified and had dark circles on her eyes. She was sitting on her bed plus was head down. Her straight hair was scattered.

"Well...hello" said Nishi.

"Who are you? Why are you are, dear lady?" asked Sehara.

"It's me" said Nishi.

"Me who?" asked Sehara.

"Nishi" said Nishi.

"Nishi?" exclaimed Sehara.

"Yes, yes" said Nishi with her teary smile.

"My darling daughter! You have grown into a fine lady, just like your father!" said Sehara with tears.

Both burst into tears that she saw her mother after 15 years. They hugged as such that they had a lot of things to say! It was a beautiful moment. The scene even burst me into tears when I was writing it! I wish I could meet my mom again! I lost her after I got a job as a psychiatrist.

5