12

Chapter Eleven

Zuba and Abdul jumped into the pensive. It was such that their bodies turned transparent as invisible. The glow was such that they saw some familiar historical place. It was similar to a museum where Abdul passed on and it reminded of Heya who pointed the museum by her feathers.

They walked on through the farms. They saw some of the farmers who were working on grain fields. Half of the grain fields were stale because of the hot sun and drought. The king's men were watchful towards the farmers as a hawk eye. Some were old and tired but the king's men whipped those people mercilessly to their work. Some were also wounded.

"Oh, it reminded me of the Egyptian Civilization!" said Abdul quietly.

"You don't have to be quiet. None will hear or listen to us in it" said Zuba.

As an old farmer was wounded, he was mercilessly whipped but was stopped by a woman of her late 20s. She was bold and beautiful who had the resemblance to Sehara's. As the horses arrived along with a bearded but handsome king, he smiled.

"Your majesty, your men are hitting my grandpa! Please stop him!" begged the woman.

"Is this all? He needs to do more work, indeed. I think, I have to treat him myself" said the king sarcastically.

The king whipped the wounded old man that his last breathe shocked miserably to Abdul.

"Learn the meaning of...." But the old man died with the wound on his body. Her granddaughter put some tears that she cursed him. Abdul and Zuba jumped out of the pensive.

"Did you understand what I meant to say!" asked Zuba.

"I was really scared how the emperor whipped the old man. But the woman, she resembled to Sehara! Is she?" asked Abdul.

"Yes, her great grandmother" said Zuba.

"So that means? There is a connection with the emperor and Sehara's great grandmother!" said Abdul.

"Hmmm... That's all for today" said Zuba.

Abdul was a bit concerned the connection between The Emperor, Zuba and Sehara's great grandmother. What was their connection? Anyways, Abdul went out of the hut. It was night when the fireflies were united and the monkeys were having a party. Some were dancing, some were playing with bananas and coconuts and some were drinking grape juice. The jungle was lightened up by the fireflies as some monkeys were whistling an old trumpet. Surely, monkeys are the intelligent animals!

Zuba's presence on the stage silenced audiences that he made a speech.

"This party is for our honorable guest, Mr. Abdul Khan! But I have an announcement. Tomorrow, we will visit a lion's den for our guests. There will be a lot of enjoyment. A fight between two species will be held. Our guest will be participating it"

"No, no, no way... I cannot fight an animal" said Abdul.

Everyone chanted "You will, you will"

"Okay, okay, fine. But I need to prepare myself. Otherwise, how can I fight?" asked Abdul.

"No need to worry, son. Believe in yourself" said Zuba calmly.

Abdul was so scared that he forgot to open his shirt for cooling himself. As the party was over, Abdul was sleeping on his tent. Suddenly, rain drops went inside the tent that he ran into the hut. He saw a snake coming near him.

"Oh, my dear guest, are you having a nightmare with the rain?" said the slithering female voice of the snake.

"No, I am kind of cold" said Abdul.

"I am kind of aware, how your mother died" said the snake.

"Who are you?" asked Abdul.

"Your well-wisher. See me tomorrow in the lion's den. Dangerous, isn't it? Oh, yes-watch out for Roko. He's really a Lancelot" said the snake.

The snake left with a shock of Abdul who could not have a chance to talk to her.