53

3

Well, I focused a little too much about Nishi's 'home' life but I hadn't focused on her school life. She was not your typical popular kid, but an average girl next door. How? She always used to have a debate on popular cultures but some of them were the 80s such as Star Wars, ET, and Stephen King and so on as some debates on the early 2000s and 2010s such as Harry Potter, Twilight, and Hunger Games and so on.

Jared-he might be the hottest in Nishi's group but did not have a charisma of his own. The girls were only impressed for his good looks and endless supplies of dating. Otherwise, he was loyal to his friends. How?

One day, Nishi was sitting in the high school cafeteria along with Kabir and Shahana. They were eating burgers as well as Chicken Tikka Masala with rice with some relish. Therefore, she saw Jared who was holding four different ladies with their smiling faces. When Jared looked at the other three including Nishi, he smiled.

"Hey Nishi, what's up?" asked Jared.

"Nothing much. Have you done our assignments?" said Nishi with awkwardness.

"Have you guys checked your mail?" asked Jared.

Nishi, Kabir and Shahana checked mail on their cell phones. Their assignments were done in such a way that plagiarism was not notified. Instead, they read their assignments. It was so interesting that they relished to read it and revised it on their own words by heart.

They all got an A+ due to the grades. But Jared does not have a personality that he could attract the girls with his heart and soul. He used to talk like a parrot. How?

He dated one of the girls from his class. Therefore, he was constantly gave an awkward smile that annoyed the girl but she hid her feelings for that.

"Will...will...will you" stammered Jared.

"What?" asked the girl.

"Marry me?" said Jared.

The girl slapped him as such that he was heartbroken and showed his 'over-the-top' drama queen acting over his friends.

"Why? Why? Why? My heart is broken! Why?" shouted Jared's over-the-top acting.

Since then, Nishi was annoyed by Jared's antics but was impressed by Jared's loyalty.

Back to the story, Nishi and the gang got an A+. Therefore, their English teacher was surprised of Shahana's assignment. How can a girl who constantly takes selfies can do the assignments by the right time?

Shahana was always used to get caught up by teachers in class. She constantly used to take selfies but was ceased and suspended every time when she was seen having selfies in class. Otherwise, a popular girl who was like a queen bee but in reality, she was ignored by the boys most of the time. How?

Nishi was about to keep her things in the locker. She saw Shahana who was taking selfies and most of the girls were following her. When she was winking at one of the handsome boys in the class, he avoided her.

Anyway, the teacher congratulated Shahana for her 'extraordinary performance' on her assignment. After the hangover from people who all got an A Grade from class, they started to go out by cycling around the neighborhood. But one who could not accept was Kabir. He was a scaredy-cat. Why?

Because since he was born, he had controlling parents who never wanted him to listen to his heart. Whenever he used to go out, his parents used to ask him several questions which were crazy. At night, he was home late. When he entered, he saw his parents who were glaring at him.

"Where did you go?" asked Kabir's father.

"Just a friend's house" said Kabir.

"What for?" asked Kabir's mother.

"To make a group assignment" said Kabir.

"What kind of assignment?" asked both the parents.

Kabir felt awkward.

Since then, Kabir became a lot of a scaredy cat than before. He was sixteen and he could have turned into an independent guy but when he was shifted to New York, he lived in the hostel with Jared. Oh, I forgot to mention-Jared was Australian who was shifted recently but it would be two years from now.

Therefore, Kabir overcame the scaredy cat self when Shahana motivated him to go out.

"Kabir, the outside world isn't as bad as you think. Yes, the world might be critical but if we see in a critical way. Aren't you a brave guy?" said Shahana.

"Hell Yeah!" said Kabir on his over-the-top voice.

Therefore, they went cycling and sang the songs from the early 2010s and we were living in the generation of 2032 but still the time was same as 2017 but the essence was like the 80s. How lovely!