30

3

Ten years passed, the villagers were joyful and always go to the small markets to buy groceries. In some parts of the village, the farmers used their carts to sell their vegetables. Some people used to hang around bridges as friends. The families in the village were indeed faithful to each other. On the other side, the castle's courtyard was blocked by guards where commoners were chanting the two people who were sword-fighting: Shahbaz and Qifar.

"Oh, the prince is trying to take his sword. Now Qifar is blocking it! Yeah!" commenting Karimi who was in the corner of the sword fighting cage. "Now, here's a halt, Qifar and the prince put down their swords and started to grab each other's shoulders! Is it sword fighting or a wrestling?"

"Both" said Qifar and Shahbaz.

Karimi smiled.

"So, here the game is on. Shahbaz showed his aggression towards the wrestling as Qifar is trying to block it! Holy cow! What's happening now? They are pushing each other like a bull fight! Now it's going to be a match between Jack the Idiot and his elder brother! Now, Shahbaz pushed Qifar, then 1....2....and 3. The prince wins!" commented Karimi.

Everyone clapped and enchanted Shahbaz. He smiled and roared with victory that the girls in the village were extremely impressed by his actions. Qifar was succumbing his wounds but Shahbaz pulled him in a friendly way.

"Are you okay?" asked Shahbaz softly.

"Yes, I am" smiled Qifar.

Qifar and Shahbaz were respectful to each other despite their love-hate relationship. They were about to enter the castle together. But one of the ministers rushed near them.

"My dear prince, your father is dying" said the minister.

Qifar and Shahbaz rushed into King Farad's bedroom. They saw him as not his usual self. He was ill and bedridden.

"Come, my sons" said King Farad in a weak voice.

Shahbaz and Qifar went closer to him.

"Today, I would like to share my last words with you. Son, Shahbaz- I was a good king but not that of a good father. I couldn't give you any attention and support but my son, when the kings die, their heir always go first. I want you to be responsible, not cold hearted. I want you to be sensible, not a threat. I want you to protect the world, not by an unnecessary chaos. First, you know thyself, then you can fully rule the kingdom. I want you to plant a tree, so you prove that you are not a fallen leaf, son" said King Farad.

"No, father, don't leave us like that" said Shahbaz with his teary eye.

"Promise me, would you do that for me, son?" asked King Farad.

"Why father? I am not ready to be the King" said Shahbaz.

"Then, plant a tree, son" said King Farad with his eyes closed.

He was breathless. Shahabaz cried and embraced his dead body. It was cold and warm at the same time. The soldiers gently put their hat's off with sorrow, while the servants, especially Karimi was teary eyed. Qifar patted Shahbaz's shoulders.

"Everything will be fine, dear friend" said Qifar.

"I am not ready to be the king but at least, I want to learn something" said Shahbaz.

"Okay, you will for sure" said Qifar.

A week passed. Shahbaz was announced as a king and Qifar became his minister. Suddenly, an old man was staggering in front of the grand hall of the castle.

"Your majesty" sighed the old man.

"Yes, what help should I do, dear man?" asked Shahbaz.

"My daughter. She's kidnapped by a giant! You are the only person to help me" said the old man.

Suddenly, a middle aged man younger than the old man rushed into the hall.

"He is the King of Kamlapur. His daughter, Princess Malaboti Khan was forcefully taken by a monstrous giant, Krosh. We believed that you are the only person to help us out" said the middle aged minister.

"I shall, Qifar arrange me a horse and a sword" said Shahbaz.

"Aye aye, your majesty!" said Qifar