52

2

It was such that she was having constant nightmares about some people crying. The other day, she was coming out from high school. Nishi wore a round spectacles. Otherwise, she had curvy lips which reminded me of Alicia Silverstone of the 90s but she had an oval face and a silky hair like her mother. She saw the place was surrounded by the police. It was an old playground which was abandoned fifteen years ago. The rotten playground was closed down since Jarvis Travers disappeared. It is now like an antique piece!

Nishi slowly walked towards the police line where she saw bloodstains everywhere. She was terrified a bit. Until in the middle, it was written:

Peacelanders and Human World Beware!

"What!?" exclaimed Nishi in a whispering tone.

She was about to leave with her bicycle but one of the police said "hey, kid! Stop here! (Ei meye, shune jao)"

"Are you a Bengali, sir?" asked Nishi.

"Yes, I am. By the way, I am Commissioner Wahid. I am here for some missing case that is happening since fifteen years. Not only in Bangladesh but also in New York. I have to be there because I am noticing the similar writing in blood" said Commissioner Wahid.

"I do not have any clue about this incidents, sir. But I will find out what is actually happening" said Nishi.

"You sound pretty familiar. Do you know anyone named Abdul Asef Khan?" asked Commissioner Wahid.

"Yes sir, he was my father" said Nishi.

"Your father! Oh my God! I heard he died! I am sorry for that. My condolences" exclaimed Commissioner Wahid.

"It's okay, sir! How do you know my father?" asked Nishi.

"Well, in college, I was one of the gang members. He knows me as Wan because I was once obsessed with Korean Horror. Anyway, you have your father's confident behavior" said Wahid.

"Yes, yes, Kamal uncle told me all about you. You were with uncle Samrat, uncle Rafiq and mom, aren't you? You used to love Michael Jackson too" asked the naïve Nishi.

"Oh, your dad's doctor, is it? Look kid, some things are such that cannot be expressed. Life does go on but some of the things were not even a myth but a history to be told, isn't it?" said Commissioner Wahid.

"I couldn't understand you. But anyway, talk to you later" said Nishi.

She left the crime scene with her bicycle. She saw her bullies in the alley: four of them.

"So, a nerd like you is coming to our alley" said one of the bullies.

"I wish, I could say the same, you dickhead!" said Nishi.

"I see, you are about to get a wedgie" said one of the bullies.

The leader commanded the others to attack her. Then Kabir, Jared and Shahana arrived at the scene with their baseball bats and rotten eggs in such a way that they escaped. Some of them got punched by Shahana while Nishi was quite scared.

Nishi was the coward of the gang as Jared was bravest but one day, Nishi would eventually be brave like her parents. Kabir was the second coward of the gang but he managed to beat up the bullies when others were busy of hitting it.

Nishi shared the incident to Zafrin at night because of her jovial mood. For that moment, they played videogames together. It really reminded me of the 80s and yes, the 80s were back again. We mix out with the Bengali community. They were so humble that we always used to think that New York was the multicultural city.

I might sound like a typical adult but I cannot change the fact.

Back to the story, Nishi spent the whole night with Zafrin, not only by playing videogames but also board games because it was quite long since she had been in her senior year, she could not spent time with her family but it was almost 12. Therefore, Zafrin blindfold her eyes with a red scarf.

She took her out. When she unfold Nishi, she saw Jared, Kabir and Shahana jumped out.

"SURPRISE!" they cried.

She saw a cake which was made of coffee and chocolate with a creamy vanilla. It was written:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NISHI

It was such that she was amazed and celebrated the party with both Zafrin and her friends.