50- FAREWELL PEACELAND

FAREWELL PEACELAND

"Nobody knows the trouble, I've seen,

Nobody knows my sorrow"- Louis Armstrong.

"What have I become
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end"- Johnny Cash, Hurt.

These are the lines that are banging in my head. I am becoming a little old, it's funny, right? This time, I am playing a bigger role because this is the final time, our readers will explore the world of Peaceland with a goodbye, never expected. Most of you are pretty habituated with the lighter and flashy tone of the journey but this time, it's gloomy and should I say, disturbing.

This is Dr. Kalam Ahmed who would talk about an end of a legacy, an end of a journey we witnessed in Mehsam's 'A Lost Leaf' and Abdul's 'Listening to the Wilds'. I am the person who is writing this final journey but first of all, I would say the hint of my experience-terrifying but at the same time, a joyous ride. Zafrin and Nishi-Abdul's daughter were like sisters. But what it turned out that she had less tantrums than her father and the kindness came from her Grand-ma and mother. She is a bit aware of her mother's whereabouts- a mental institution. Why? You might understand it in the beginning of the story.

As a psychiatrist, I would say that I never experienced such supernatural elements in real life until I heard from Abdul. It was so believable that I realized that 'supernatural' actually exists in the certain point of view but what I saw that not even a psychiatrist can define the spirit world until they see it. Peaceland, as most of us know, is now a myth about the Physician as well as King Shahbaz. It was also mentioned in the history books. Even Abdul was about to become a myth but due to the company's legacy, Abdul's legend still lived on, even his books.

Nishi, I believe, thinks that The Peaceland is a myth. But could she come to know about the truth? We are aware of her going to Peaceland in her dreams but could her dreams come into reality? Her mother was in the asylum and her father disappeared. Zafrin and I were the only ones in the family to take care of her. But the book that I am now writing starts with a letter to Nishi, on which I hid it because I want her to be mentally strong and smart to read this letter.

Dear My Darling Daughter,

I am hereby to inform you that I am having a further research on Peaceland about our great grandfather, Shahbaz's tomb. The world of Peaceland is in danger. Therefore, do not consider yourself alone. You are just as strong as your mother. Just stay with your uncle Kalam.

Sincerely Yours

Your Dad

Abdul Shahbaz Asef Khan

I even get upset about the clue given by Abdul, Nishi's father. Things are about to get dark and real. Be ready for it! This is the finale that we are about to witness.