58

8

"I couldn't understand your point. What are you saying?" asked Jared.

"Remember when we were in middle school, we studied about the Myths of Peaceland described by Prof. Abdul Asef Khan?" said Shahana.

"Prof. Abdul Asef Khan? Oh the Chairman of Ad Firm as well as the philanthropist turned into the Professor of Anthropology?" said Jared.

"That's not the thing, Jared, it's about the stories and mythologies that were written into account. Let me show you-it's in the cabin" said Shahana.

Shahana and Jared rushed into the cabin. Inside the cabin, there were twenty beds which were two storied. One of the beds had untidied clothes. They went near to it. Into the untidied clothes, there was a leather book which was written 'THE BOOK OF PEACELAND BY AMINAH MEHSAM KHAN AND PROF. ABDUL ASEF KHAN'.

"This is the book that I am holding since middle school! Jared, I might be a selfie addict but the books do remind me of who I am" said Shahana.

"OMG! I thought I was the only smartest kid in the group" said Jared.

"Arrogance is a sign of a fool, dear" said Shahana.

Therefore, Shahana described

"Peaceland starts with a Physician whose part of the spirit extinct the kingdom of the ungrateful king for 100 years but was rediscovered by King Farad who rebuilt a small village that might not disturb the environment of Peaceland during the British Period. Therefore, his son, Shahbaz met the Spirited World of Peaceland but after his death, Peaceland became the land of twisted secrets and the rest is history".

"But what about the monsters or ghost in Peaceland?" asked Jared.

"That one? I remember there were good and bad spirits. One of them are the Peeshachayas who are the undead spirits that can only be resurrected by an evil spirit and the other one are The Giants but I remember that the giants were extinct of the Peaceland species" said Shahana.

"Fuck! The shit is really real! But I think that we have to re-examine the lake" said Jared.

"The footprints would do" said Jared.

While the rest of the students continued to search for Kabir and Nishi, they looked at the footprints. They looked more 'amphibian' than a giant and in the border of the footprints, the neon light was glowing with sickness and swampy vibe. It continued to glow.

"So that means...the giants are back" calculated Shahana.

"But how can they be amphibian?" asked Jared.

"The dead giants are amphibians" said Shahana.

"But how?" asked Jared.

"I have to look again" said Shahana.

Meanwhile, Nishi, Abdul and Zuba went to The Monkey's Paradise where the monkeys were doing their work as some were watching plays as the other monkey were playing the past and the present characters as well as the movies they occasionally watch in the old LCD TV. Otherwise, The Monkey's Paradise was just the same: enjoyable but lesser than the past due to the gloominess of the present.

"The Monkey's paradise, why it's less enjoyable?" asked Nishi.

"This is not the Peaceland we knew" said Abdul.

A cute lemur arrived with the books.

"Master, I brought two books" said the lemur.

"Hey, cute fella!" said Nishi affectionately.

She pressed his cheeks and he was closing his eyes as he smiled with affection. But Zuba and Abdul cleared their throats.

"So, Capren, where were you when she teleported?" asked Abdul.

"I just met a young man, he too is teleported" said Capren, the lemur.

"Oh man! That's Kabir!" said Nishi.

"Excuse me, who is that young lady, Abdul?" said Capren angrily.

"Capren, you know her as a toddler. She used to hold your cheeks" said Abdul.

"That's why I am feeling this sense of affection! Oh My dear, Nishi! You turned into a very fine young lady! Nice to meet you, dear" said Capren calmly.

Capren kissed her left hand.

"Nice to see you too, Uncle Capren" said Nishi.

"Oh, dear!" blushed the old Capren.