•TWO-BIT•

i fell forward and my books went flying across the hallway. i was laying face down on the ground and i groaned,"real classic mathews, tripping the school girl."

"stupid soc," one of his friends muttered,"why don't you just go cry to your soc friends? oh wait you don't have any!"

him and his friends laughed i rolled over on my back and got up,"that wasn't even funny. why are you guys laughing?"

i made eye contact with the greaser who tripped me, two-bit. he looked a little bit guilty, like he felt bad for hurting me. it was probably just a stupid look on his stupid face that would fade in a stupid minute.

"you know what is funny,your face," the greaser laughed.

"oh my god! you find it funny how beautiful i am too?!" i asked squatting down picking my books up.

"what are you doing out of class skank?" another one asked.

"i was going to the bathroom, is that a problem?" i asked sarcastically.

"with your books," the greaser asked knocking them out of my hands again.

i sighed he had a good point and he had caught me in my lie,"fine. i'm skipping, what's it to you?"

"what if i just go tell mr. serosci? you'll get in trouble. oh no!," he said getting up in my face and fake crying. i rolled my eyes.

"yeah, i'll just lie and say that you all cornered me and harassed me in the hallway, oh wait. you did," i said.

the greaser that fake cried slapped me across the face and spat at my feet. "hey two-bit. make sure she actually leaves. i don't wanna see her stupid soc face again."

two-but nodded and grabbed me by my arm and dragged me out of the school.

"hey! let go of me," i said as he dragged me to a car.

"shut it. i'm trying to help you," he said through gritted teeth.

"why should i believe you? your gang is just a whole group of bullies," i yelled at him once we got in the car.

"that ain't my gang. their just my buddy's, but not anymore. you know ponyboy curtis? yeah? well he's in my gang, we're real good people. it's just the bad ones who give us our names."

"but your the one who tripped me," i said confused,"if your such a good person then why did you do that?"

"because they wanted to do way worse. believe me tripping you wasn't fun, but you would've been hurt worse if i hadn't of done it," he said touching the bruise on my cheek.

"well... thanks?"

"i hardly think you need to thank me," he laughed,"let's start over. hi two-bit mathews nice to meet you."

i shook his extended hand and said my full name,"nice to meet you two-bit."