•JOHNNY•

i sat on the car seat in the lot, it was super humid outside and my legs were practically glued to the seat with sweat. the middle of summer was always the hottest and the stickiest.

i was picking at my nails and sticks while waiting for johnny. i realized there was some trash so i decided to pick it up while i waited.

"just leave it," johnny grumbled, he surprised me and i dropped all the trash i was collecting in surprise.

"hey johnny!" i greeted wiping my hands on my shirt and sitting next to him on the seat.

he didn't greet me back, he just stared into the distance. "johnny?" i tried to get his attention.

"just leave okay?" he growled, finally turning his head towards me. he had a black eye, he had his bangs pulled over it in attempt to hide it from me.

"johnny," i whispered moving his bangs away so that i could see the damage.

"why do you even love me?" he sighed, turning away from me again.

"because i do, because your johnny cade," i didn't really know how to explain why i loved him, there were so many reasons.

"exactly, i'm just johnny," he shrugged,"nothing special. you'd be better off with someone else."

i sighed and laid my head on his shoulder, " i don't need anyone else, johnny. i need you, because i love you. i can't explain it, so don't ask, but i do love you."

"i'm just some sob story to you, your only with me because you feel bad for me," he rolled his eyes and turned to me, waiting for my reaction.

i bit my lip and this time it was me who turned away from him. "johnny, your not a sob story. i've loved you ever since we were kids, we've been together since we were kids. before we knew what dating really was, we were already dating!"

i let out a soft chuckle and i looked deep into his eyes. nothing but pain pooled in them.

i sighed and stroked his jawbone. he kept a blank expression, like nothing mattered. and when johnny got hit by his dad, nothing did matter.

"i don't wanna be this way," he whispered.

"i know johnny. i know," i cooed. he put his hand over mine and pulled it away from his face gently.

"i love you," i whispered, watching as he intertwined our fingers.

"i love you too," he returned.

i kissed his nose gently earning a small smile from him before he kissed me on the lips, passionately.

sadboicade , one of her imagines influenced this! go check her page out!

ALSO johnnylipa  MADE A BOOK AFTER I PRACTICALLY BEGGED HER TO SO GO CHECK IT OUT AS WELL!!!