•PONYBOY•

i was sitting up in the stands between darry and soda watching pony at his track meet. i had my hands tucked in my, well pony's, hoodie pockets. the meet had dragged on for a few hours longer than we thought and darry and soda had to go home. they needed sleep for work tomorrow, but i stayed i could run on a four hours of sleep. i was fine.

i did start to get tired up in the stands however, and incredibly cold. i watched the fog fill the air every time i exhaled. i could really go for a smoke right now, but there was a woman with a baby right next to me and i wasn't that disrespectful.

after that woman left it was just me in that section of the stands so i had a smoke. pony still had a few more runs he had to do so a laid down on the bleachers and used my arms as a pillow. i stayed awake watching pony until i couldn't take it anymore and fell asleep.

i felt someone kiss my lips and say my name. i opened my eyes and smiled seeing pony in front of me. "sorry i fell asleep babe," i said sitting up and he sat next to me.

"i'm sorry the meet went on forever," he sat down and took off his track shoes and put on his converse. they smelled so bad after his meets that i wanted to die. one time soda grabbed them out of his bag and threw them on me. the result of that was me chasing him all the way to the car.

"darry and soda left so we have to walk home," i said watching him tie his converse up. he usually would just slip them on, but after meets he liked to untie them and retie them. for some odd reason.

he groaned. "can we just sit here for awhile before we start walking? my legs are really tired," he asked hugging me and laying his head on my shoulder.

i wrapped my arms around him and laughed,"well the way you have me held captive we don't really have a choice do we?"

he chuckled,"no. you don't."

i rubbed up and down his back and he stayed in my arms. i could tell he was tired and didn't want to walk home so i held him for a little while before it was time for us to go home.

instead of going back to his house darry said it was okay for him to stay with me since my house was much closer. he didn't know that my parents weren't home. just my brother.

ponyboy took a shower then we cuddled until we fell asleep. which didn't take long at all.