•DARRY•

i was having the same dream that i had the past two nights, except this time it was worse. this time i lost darry, not just johnny and dallas. i was holding onto darry as he bled out on the pavement. he had been shot, he had literally taken a bullet for me.

i started screaming. crying for darry, for johnny and dally for everyone that i ever loved. they were all dying right in front of my eyes. with his last breath he said,"wake up, hey. are you okay?"

someone was shaking me gently and i opened my eyes quickly. i felt my heart beating fifty miles per hour and i was sweating like crazy. i shut my eyes right and started hyperventilating.

"j-johnny, dally. darry. i cant do it," i whispered, still not realizing that steve was the one who had shook me awake.

"i'm right here," darry said from beside me,"your okay. i'm here."

the realization that only a few days ago two of my best friends had died set in and i suddenly felt numb. i stared at darry and he shifted uncomfortably on the bed.

"darry i want to see them again. what did johnny ever do to deserve that, he didn't deserve it. it's just not fair, not fair," i said staring to cry. i felt a panic attack coming on.

"not fair. not fair." i sobbed as he pulled me into his chest and petted my head,"not fair. not fair."

"i know i know, but there's nothing you can do about it love. nothing. and they johnny wouldn't want you all caught up on this, he would tell you that you were being foolish. he loves you and so does dally, they want you to move on," he said pulling me away from his chest and putting his hands on my shoulders.

"d-darry i cant breathe," i sobbed out. he got a scared expression on his face and he made me follow his breathing pattern.

in and out. in and out. my breathing steadied and i wasn't crying anymore. "are you okay now?" he asked gazing into my eyes.

i shook my head and started crying again. he sighed and pulled me down in his arms. i was facing him and crying in the crook of his neck. he held my hands and placed kisses all over them and the top of my head.

i soon stopped crying and i drifted off to sleep.