Chapter 229 Testing

Chapter 229 Testing.

A Week goes by and everything is still under control. Zero still has to go to Cross to talk to Nezera. He just hasn't had the time. He isn't really looking forward to it either. He feels uncomfortable about him. Seeing his true nature freaked Zero out. He thought Vampires were evil. This took on a whole new level. Plus he was enjoying this time with Yuki. They spent a lot of time together. They were as close as they were those six months before Zero ruined it. Kaname wasn't a problem either. He was spending more and more time with Martha. Getting ready for there child. He would still see Yuki at the Cafe but that was it. On Wednesdays, they would train. Then he would take Martha out to dinner. There was still a connection between him and Yuki but it seems to lighten in some ways. They both seemed to let go of some. Their attraction to each other wasn't as evident as it use to be. Before it was written on each of them. When they were around the other. Kaname always would kiss her forehead, touch her hand. anything he could get. Now he wasn't as touchy. He did still kiss her hello and goodbye but it was normal. This confused Zero. He just thought what the hell happened? Did I miss something? Normally it was one that would behave and the other would still have strong feelings. Making things very awkward. Now they both seemed to be on the same page. Zero figured to just roll with it.

While he is sitting there at his desk thinking about all that is taking place lately. Or the lack of. Yuki strolls into his office. "Hey, babe. What brings you here today?" Zero asks. "Today is your medical exam. I thought I would come to be with you. I didn't want you to be alone." Yuki states. "Ah, babe. That's so nice of you. I don't think it will take long. I wish it was over. I hate these kinds of things." Zero huffs."I know. It's why I came. I thought afterward we could go out to lunch." Yuki replies. "That sounds great." Zero answers.

Both Yuki and Zero head to the nurse's office. Zero a little uneasy. Not really liking the idea. He hasn't been to a nurse for many years. He felt fine. He was a vampire. They didn't get the common things that human got. The only way they died is when their time ran out or someone killed them. He found this to be ridiculous but went along because he had to. All the other hunters were human and had to follow rules. He didn't want them to think. He didn't follow the same rules. It was bad enough. He was a vampire. Some were not very happy with that. He faced the same rumors Yuki did. They all made sure to get there digs in. Zero just wasn't as soft as Yuki. He didn't care. Rumors were flying around even more now. That everyone knew Yuki was his wife. He married the Pure Blood Queen so he can advance. So he could be president. So he had control. Which none was true. They were married for over forty years. He married her because he loved her more than anything. Not to gain control. He shrugged it off. Yuki paid no attention to any of it. She was done with falling apart and letting things eat at her. She was doing her best at controlling herself again. She knew the truth. It was all that mattered. Some were Even saying he was tainted. That he had vampire blood. What kind of Hunter is also a vampire?

While sitting in the Nurse's office. Yuki is holding Zero's hand. They give smiles to each other. As they wait for the nurse to appear. In a short time, she does. "Hi. I am nurse Jackie. I will be running some tests for you today. I am from the Vampire Council. They sent me down for you. So they can make sure you're ok." Jackie states. "I'm a vampire. Of course, I am ok." Zero replies "We know that. It's more for genetic testing. They want to run the tests to see how you became so strong. Why you were able to fight it for four years?" Jackie replies. "So they are using me as a Ginnie pig?" Zero responds. "I guess. in a way, It can help other Vampire hunters. To become so strong." Jackie states. Yuki just looks at Zero. Knowing, It wouldn't be that easy for others. Zero drank from two purebloods. That doesn't normally happen. She kept that tidbit to herself. Jackie tests Zero's heart. Which is fine. She takes blood. CHecking his body out from top to the bottom. Finding everything is where it should be. She sends the blood to the lab for testing. That would take a few weeks to hear back from. "Zero would you mind giving me a sample of your sperm?" Jackie asks. "Why yes, I would. I think we can pass that test. I have no intentions of having any more children at this moment. When the time would come. Me and Yuki would test that out ourselves." Zero snaps. Zero not so anxious to give that away again. He remembered the last time. He didn't want any more children showing up. Being his with another woman. Or even with Yuki. It was up to them to make the choice to have another child. they already had four together. Not to mention the two with Kaname. Granted Ai was over forty and the twins were no babies either. He didn't want that happening again. The thought startled him. Yuki sat there, just as startled as him. That was one test neither of them would have done again.