Chapter 212 Zero Growing.

Chapter 212 Zero growing.

Its a few days later. Yuki is at the Cafe and Martha comes in to get some lunch. "Hey, Yuki. Can I please have some of those great Subs you make. I want to take them back to work with me for the guys. We just love your food." Martha states. "Sure. I will pack a few different ones. How was the conference?" Yuki asks. "Boring. I couldn't wait to come home. I missed Kaname so much." Martha responds. "How is that going?" Yuki asks. Great. We are getting closer. I love it. "Martha states. "I am so sorry to throw the kids at you that weekend. I didn't think. I missed Zero so much. I just wanted time with him. I hope that was ok?" Yuki responds. "Yes, not a problem. I am so happy you are ok with me taking care of your kids. That actually meant a lot to me. I still got to be alone with Kaname. But we had family time too. Your kids are lovely!" Martha states. "I don't mind you around them. I was the one to tell Kaname to let you meet Rai. I thought it was about time. I am glad he has someone who loves him. He needs it." Yuki comments. "You really did let go. Didn't you?" Martha asks. "Yes. I still love him. I always will. We just know that we can't be together. That doesn't stop us from being best friends. And with best friends, you always want what is best for them. You want them happy. I see you make him happy and I'm glad." Yuki remarks. Yuki hands Martha a huge bag of subs, sodas, and cakes. "Here ya go." Yuki adds. "Oh, Yuki you didn't have to give so much." Martha comments. "It's ok. They need to eat. Make sure Zero gets the turkey Sub. He loves those."Yuki replies. "You got it! Thank you again." Martha states walking out the door.

Martha goes back to the association. Bringing the people in her office some lunch. Stopping at Zero's office to give him his. "Hey, Zero. I stopped off at the Cafe. Yuki gave me this to give to you for lunch." Martha states. "Thank you. She always is taking care of me. Not sure, what I would ever do without her." Zero replies. "Oh did she ask you anything about the lipstick?" Zero adds in panic. "No. she never mentioned it at all. She believed whatever you told her and let it go. I don't mean to be rude. I just wish you wouldn't have put me in the middle of that. I am glad. She didn't ask me about it. I don't want to lie to her. She likes me. I need that on my side. If she hated me. It would cause problems for me and Kaname. You know he would do anything she said. She is in my corner Zero. Please don't ruin that."Martha remarks. "I won't. I am sorry. It was the only thing. I could think of." Zero comments. "If nothing happened you need to tell her the truth. If she ever finds out from someone else. She is going to be pissed at you. Not for what happened. But because you lied to her. There was too many at the conference Zero. If one didn't see the other did. You know how stuff gets out around here. It's in your best interest to just come clean."Martha states. "I know your right. I will think about it. I just don't want to rock the boat. Everything is normal again. She is so close to me. I hate ruining that." Zero comments. "And you think lying isn't going to ruin that?" Martha asks." No. Your right. I know. I will tell her. I just don't want the cold shoulder and all that crap again. " Zero says rubbing his eyes. "You will be fine. It's best you don't have any secrets. We all know how that goes here." Martha says grabbing the bag of goodies and walking out the door.

Zero knew she was right. He needed to come clean. He just didn't want to take steps backward. He just didn't want to hurt Yuki. It wasn't anything too serious. But he knew it would bother her. He also knew if Mika would ever come around again. It would come out anyway. Hearing from her or anyone else would make it ten times worse. She would hate him for lying to her. When she came to him rashly and asked him. Trusting him so much she didn't even ask Martha's side. Yuki was growing more and more. And he was still standing still in some areas. He knew. He had to stop it. The deal they made was a good one. It was letting them grow. It was only a short time after they promised each other. He was already screwing up. That's not the way to grow her trust. "I always thought Kaname was the route of our problems. I seem to do just fine without him. Making my own messes." Zero says to himself. realizing the urge to protect her, was what caused this. Just like it does to her. It wasn't protecting. It was only making things worse.

Zero figured he would leave work early today and go see Yuki. That he would tell the truth no matter the consequences. You can't be scared to tell the other what's going on. Or how you feel. Its always been their problem. It needed to stop.