Chapter 276 Aftermath

So what did you think about the last chapter? Did you see that coming?

Chapter 276 Aftermath

Its been a few more weeks. Zero still has Kaito watching her. Just so he knows, she is safe. She hasn't gotten in contact with any of them. She left going away. Washing her hands of everything. She use to know and love. Zero was doing his best to hang on. This wasn't the life he wanted. He still didn't understand why he did all that. He surely screwed up. This time she didn't forgive him. Didn't say it was just Zero. I guess that time truly came to an end. Zero was free now. The association gave him real jobs. He was going on the field almost every day. Hunting Level E's. He was the hunter. He uses to be. They even had him going away to do jobs. There was no more office jobs. His paperwork was pilling up. His sidekick no longer there to help. He thought. He would be happy. The job he left behind to be with her. He resented her back then a little for it. Now it meant nothing. What he used to crave wasn't a thrill anymore. It just gave him somewhere to go. To get his mind off of things. He was happier sitting at the dumb desk chair. With her on the other side doing his paperwork. Bringing him lunch. Spending time together. 

How he wishes, he could go back to that. He saw his daughter Akio every day. She felt sorry for her father but truly understood. What her mother did. She just wondered what took her so long. Akio was a strong independent woman. She would have never put up with what her mother did. She knew her mother was no angel. That she did her share. But she also saw how her father always overreacted. With her mother being the one to get hurt in the end. The last time her mother almost dying at the hands of her father. She couldn't imagine, how her mother forgave him for that. Even she saw that the relationship with Kaname was a better one. Now there was none with either. It was something to get used to. Ren would see his father also. They all worked at the same place.

They would go out to lunch. Seeing their father as an empty shell of a man. This time it was even worse than when he left with Khairs. They knew. Yuki wasn't comeing back. They felt sorry for him. So they tried to be there for him. In any way, they could. They tried not to mention there mother. Just work, and things in general. Keeping things light. Ren knew how his father was. He was more like his mother. The forgiving sweet soul. Which Zero aways picked on. Their relationship changed, They got closer. He saw Ren for the man he had become. The good man. One he wishes he could be like. He was a part of him and Yuki. The best parts. Zero loved his kids. He wanted to make up for the times he was an ass to Ren. Not to mention taking Akio's Job. He saw now more than ever all the dumb shit he had done. He just couldn't go back and fix it all. But things he could. He would. He also saw his brother more. Mostly at work though. Not bringing anything home.

At home was nothing but an empty house. Anna would come home from school and ZJ would make the three of them dinner. He took over Yuki's job. He knew that there were times his father would come home late. Or tired from work. So he would make them something to eat. They would sit down at the table and talk about there day. It was so different without Yuki. It was like something was missing. This house wasn't a home. Anna was confused and would ask when is mommy coming home? Zero didn't know what to answer to that. He didn't have the heart to tell her. She wasn't comeing back. How do you tell a child that? He just said. He didn't know. It was something mommy had to take care of. But she loves you and always will.

Zero didn't even bother going up to bed at night. He stayed in the family room. Watching tv with ZJ. They were getting closer as well. He knew the only thing left that he had were his children. ZJ also felt sorry for his father. He knew more than anyone. What took place the last year and a half. How he pushed his mother away. How sad and depressed she was. How Zero hurt her. He saw it first hand. She tried to be there for him. To get nothing in return. How alone she felt. Needing Zero but him not there. He also knew there was no fix. He was the one to witness there craziest times. He was there for it all. Watching it first hand. He thought this was for the best. That they both needed a break from each other. He also saw, how they made each other so high. Then so low all at the same time. He wished things were different.