Chapter 238 Thank you

A few weeks later Zero is sitting at his desk. Just doing his work. When Martha stops by with the baby. This would be the first time Zero ever got to see this tiny little bundle. "Hi Zero," Martha says. "Hi, Martha. How are you? How is the baby?" Zero asks. "We are great. I thought/ I would stop by and say hi. Let the co-workers meet Daiki. You too for that matter. You never stopped by." Martha says. "I didn't want to get in the way. I know you guys were bonding with the little one." Zero responds. "It's fine. I noticed. Yuki hasn't come to the house either. She doesn't seem to see Kaname as often." Martha says. "Yes. she is giving you two space. She really does want you two to work." Zero responds. " I am so grateful to her. She has been nothing but wonderful since Daiki has been born. I want to show her. How much I appreciated everything she did." Martha comments. Zero looking at her like what?" What do you mean?" Zero asks. "Your wife has been wonderful. She gave me flowers after Daiki was born. Made the hospital serve me gourmet food. While I was there. When I came home. She sent me flowers everyday. Not to mention had Gourmet food prepared for me and Kaname. For a month. So I didn't have to cook or be away from the baby. She has been treating me with the utmost respect." Martha remarks.

 "That's very nice. I had no idea. She never told me. I didn't ask either. " Zero comments. "It's nothing bad. It was wonderful. Not to mention telling Kaname not to come to see her everyday. To stay with me and the baby. And staying away from our home. I thank her dearly." Martha adds. "She told Kaname that?" Zero asks. "Yes. I want to thank you both by giving you two a dinner. Please come to the townhouse tonight. I would love to have you both." Martha explains. "I will have to ask Yuki. If she says yes. We will be there." Zero answers. "Thank you. I hope to see you tonight." Martha says. " Same. The baby is adoreable. Martha." Zero says. "Thank you." She responds

After Martha leaves Zero sits at his desk. Happy to hear that Yuki told Kaname to stay away. He did know they didn't see each other as often and she wasn't so close to him. He saw that. Was happy about it. Just him hearing it was Yuki to tell him to back off. Made him feel even better. He loved it. While sitting there he gives Yuki a call.

"Hey, babe." Zero says. "Hey, handsome. What can I do for you?" Yuki says. "Martha came to see me today. Bought the little baby. He is cute. " Zero replies. "That's nice. "Yuki responds. "She invited us to go to dinner tonight. Wanting to thank you for all you have done." Zero comments. "Oh, she really doesn't have to. It was nothing. I was trying to make the experience a nice one for her. It was something Kaname should have done. Not me really." Yuki admits. "Well. You did. That was still very nice." Zero states. "I wasn't sure. How he was going to treat her. I didn't want her to feel like I did. When I had his child. Forgotten and abandoned by him." Yuki hisses. "I see. Your still not over that." Zero remarks. "I guess not. I had you though. So it's all that really matters." Yuki comments. "I really wasn't that romantic either." Zero admits. "I know you Zero. That's not really you. But that's fine. You're always there. That's all that matters. I love you just the way you are." Yuki states. "I love you too. So are we going to go tonight?" Zero asks. "You really want to? I mean...It's not something I really want to do." Yuki admits. "Well, it would be nice. She wants to thank you. You have been so nice to her. Don't blow it because of Kaname." Zero says. "I guess your right. I am pretty much right here anyway. Being down the street. Just come to the Cafe tonight and we will go together." Yuki states. "Ok babe. See ya then." Zero replies.

Zero gets off the phone. Seeing a big differece. How Yuki would have always jumped to go see Kaname. To be near him. Not anymore. She changed so much. Just remembering how he left her. Zero kind of felt sorry for Kaname. He knew he didn't mean it. That he left because he knew about Zero. That she loved him more. He didn't want to watch it. On Kaname's defense, he didn't even know. She was pregnant. Was Yuki mad at him just for this or was there more? This happened so many years ago. She got over it, till now anyway. Zero figured. He would see how she treated Kaname tonight. This should be fun. He knew at the ball she didn't pay that much attention to him. Zero waits for the time to leave. Actually excited for tonight.

On the other hand, Yuki is at the Cafe. Not really giving much thought to tonight. She is working. Doing things she needs to. The thoughts of Kaname don't overwhelm her that much. She has saw him after the birth of the baby. Just not daily.

When its 5 pm Yuki goes into Zero's office at the cafe. She gets her self fixed up. For dinner tonight. Knowing that Zero should be there soon.