Chapter 292 Losing.

Chapter 292 Losing.

A few days later Yori passes away. Hanabusa is now left alone. It takes everything, he has to just stand there and watch. As they take his love away forever. Zero stays with him. Trying his best to comfort him. Zero knows that nothing he says now with help or change, how Hanabusa is feeling. So he doesn't say anything. He just lets him know. He is there. Ai takes over the funeral arrangements. Since Hanabusa is in no condition to do much of anything.

"Dad, Where is Hanabusa going to stay?"Ai asks Zero. "At the Cafe with Erica. He doesn't want to go home. He said he can't be there anymore. So he is going to move into the apartment on top of the Cafe. I will be closing up his house and mine. I stay mostly at the Association. Ren is getting the paperwork done, to go in co-business with Erica. Both their names will be on it. She will just be in more control than him." Zero remarks. "Good I am glad the place will remain open. I am sorry to hear about the house though. You and mom loved it there." Ai replies. "There isn't anything for me there anymore Ai. Only memories of what was. It will only be me and Anna. The place is too big. Not to mention. Anna isn't even with me. ZJ has taken over and takes her with him. Where ever he goes. He stepped up. You see her more then I do." Zero confesses. "She can say at Cross with me. If that is what you need. She does need you. If this was going to be the case. Mother should have taken her with her. She left her here so there was no back and forth. But it seems you don't spend much time with her anyway. Maybe the next time ZJ talks to Mother, he should take Anna and let her stay." Ai responds. "Maybe that would be a good thing. A daughter needs a mother. She is 12. She needs Yuki. I am sure she will take her." Zero says. "I wish you two would stop this. I know its not all you. That she stepped away. I see her point. There were times things really were down. But this seems no better."Ai states.

 "Do you talk to your mother?" Zero asks. "Yes, she will call me. We still have a close relationship. We always had. Just we don't see each other all the time. We talk on the phone. She won't come to Cross. There are too many memories there. She tries to avoid any place that you two shared."Ai responds. "And what about your father?" Zero asks. "She seems to miss you more. She has the wolf as her companion. She is happy with that. It's my father as her best friend. They seem to work best that way. He isn't ever getting the wolf back. He just chuckles when I tell him that. He doesn't mind. He is with her in a small way. Better than nothing." Ai states. "He has her in some way. I have her in none. I am barely existing without her." Zero admits. "I am sorry dad. I know its hard." Ai responds.

Zero heads back to his house to pick up a few things for Hanabusa and himself. Just staring at the large home. That is now dark and empty. The side house is now the same. How both lives now are changed forever. Zero just sits on the step taking in the moonlight. Remembering the kids playing outside in the snow. That Christmas they were snowed in and Yuki and him through snowballs at each other. How every morning he would drop the kids off to Hanabusa's for school. How now all that was over. Martha was letting Rai go to an ivy league school now. She would also send her own son there. Not needing Hanabusa for tutoring. Anna would go live with Yuki, and go to any school of there choice. Everything was over. He couldn't put the house up for sale. It had too many memories. Even though he wouldn't be living here anymore. He figured he would just keep it empty. Maybe in the time One of the kids would take it over. It had everything you needed. Just not for him.

He gets up and walks into the dark house, just putting on the small lamp heading upstairs to pick up some more clothes. Looking at the bed that had so many memories. Good times. Fun times and sad ones all in one. He can't believe it has come to this. He grabs what he needs and closes the light. Taking on the last look at there room. He takes a deep breath as he walks down the stairs. He makes sure all the windows and doors are locked. As he heads out the front door. One last time. Closing the light behind him. A deep sadness in the middle of his chest.

He then heads to Hanabusa's gathering up things he will need. Closing up everything there as well. He locks up going to his car. Getting in and driving off into a new world. One he wasn't sure of. One he didn't really want.