Chapter 254 Pushing away.

Another month goes by. Zero is still in the chair. He keeps working his ass off to try to be more mobile. Things have progressed some. But not to where Zero would like. Zero has been so into his training and getting himself together. He has been pushing Yuki away. The fact he can't make love to her. Eats away at him. Now he doesn't go near her very much at all. Not even holding or hugging. He feels. He is less of a man. He pretty much just works on himself.

Yuki is in the kitchen making dinner, Zero rolls by to go outside to train. He doesn't even say hi. He just rolls by her like she isn't there. Her heart sinks as she keeps cooking. Trying to push on. Yagari comes by to help with the training. Not to mention. He loves to stay for dinner. He has also noticed the distance between them. Knowing that Zero is going through a lot. At the same time. So is Yuki.

"Zero, what the hell are you doing to Yuki?" Yagari asks. "Nothing. Why?" Zero answers. "She has been so down. Its written all over her face. I don't see you go near her either. Did she do something to you?" Yagari asks. "No. She has been wonderful. It's me. I just can't be near her right now. I can't be the man. She needs me to be." Zero states. "I know you are going through a lot but you don't want to push her away. She is here for you. The last time she left you didn't like it. Don't do that again. If she leaves you now it's your own fault." Yagari states. "At least she would be with a man, who could make love to her. Who could be there for her. Not in a chair. Not like this." Zero answers. "She loves you no matter what you are. Haven't you learned that?" Yagari says. "I just can't."Zero answers.

They all go into the dining room to eat dinner. They sit down, Yuki trying to make conversation. To keep things moving. She only gets Yagari and the kids to respond for the most part. Which only makes her sadder. She washes the dishes and takes care of the kids. While Yagari goes home and Zero goes up to bed.

When Yuki is done. She locks up and heads to bed also. Walking into the bedroom. Seeing Zero laying on his side facing the opposite direction. Her heart sinks into her chest. Not even holding anymore. "We always did that. Even when we were mad at each other. Now nothing." Yuki says to herself. Heading to the shower. Just sitting in there crying, feeling alone and empty. Like she just lost a piece of her heart. She cleans herself up. Heading back to the bedroom. Getting in the bed and turning to face her own side. Tears streaming down her face. Sobbing into her pillow. She wants to be close to him. She wants him to talk to her. She doesn't know what happened. In the middle of the night, she gets up to go over to the chair near the window. Just sitting there with her knees in her arms. Crying herself to sleep.

Zero wakes to see her in the chair. He feels bad but not ready to talk. He gets himself out of the bed into the chair. Takes his shower and goes downstairs to train. Yuki wakes to find the bed empty. Which makes her feel even worse. He learned how to do much of the stuff on his own now. Without her help. So she can't even get close by helping him with things. He keeps pushing her away more and more.