Chapter 294 Gathering

Yuki goes home to her apartment. Sad and depressed. She just lays down on her sofa. Hearing Zero's voice in head. His hand on her wrist. Not to mention the sadness of losing her best friend. Her emotions were all over the place. She felt so alone. So hurt.

Zero on the other hand. Knew Yuki still cared. He saw it with his own eyes. He felt it. When he touched her. It made him feel a little better. Even though she controlled it and left. He was so used to her doing that. It didn't bother him like before. He felt he had a chance. That he would get her back. He wasn't going to give up on there love. It was too strong. He didn't care what it would take. He would get her back. His Hand still tingled where he touched her. This was new. It never happened before. There was always a want and desire. But this was something different. There touch on each other lingered. Making the fire burn brighter and stronger. There bond shining through. Zero now knew deep in his heart. The bond will never break. No matter what. It was over a year they spoke or touched. Yet it was there. Not giving up on either of them.

Zero knew he had to behave for the night. Being by Hanabusa's side. People were gathering at the Cafe, after the Funeral. To show their respect. Erica made a buffet for everyone. Who showed up. Hanabusa just sitting there in his own world. The talkative bubbly man he use to be. Not there. He was quiet and reserve. Just taking in things around him. Not even the Site of Kaname making him excited. He was just another person. In the room. From crying his eyes out, he now just sat there with a blank stare. Zero knew it would take a lot for Hanabusa to come back. He knew he would also never truly be the same. He also knew they lived a long time. He would have to get out of this sooner or later. Or it would be a long miserable life.

Kaname goes up to Zero. Asking him what took place earlier."I saw the figure by the tree. I know it was her. Is she ok?" Kaname asks." She is hanging in there. Doing her best to fight me as always. You know how she is. I just know she still cares. It was written all over her. Not to mention the bond was different. It left tingles where I would touch her. or her me." Zero admits. "It burned brighter since you haven't seen each other in a year. Her attempt at breaking it, Only made it stronger. The therapist using the dreams to keep her calm. Also kept you alive and real in her mind and body. Making it worse when you see each other. It will be something to use when you see her again."Kaname states. "I will. I am not letting anything take her away from me. The poison is no longer in either of us. I will use every power I have. I don't care if its fair or not." Zero comments. "Now thinking like me?" Kaname Chuckles. " I guess, You did rub off on me some. How are you and Martha?" Zero asks. "We are ok. She is filled with happiness that Yuki isn't here. She has taken over Yuki's life to the fullest. In a way, it bothers me." Kaname states."You have to let that go. In order to enjoy what you have." Zero remarks. "I know. I am the happiest I can be. I have no choice. I will never love her like I love Yuki. It's more of a fondness." Kaname admits. "Fondness can grow. You treat her very well. You don't seem to do anything to hurt her. That is all good."Zero states. "I don't want to hurt her. I have no reason to. She wants to get married. I have never been married before Zero. Me and Yuki just played that we were. I always thought she would be my wife. I am not sure I can do this." Kaname shares. "Kaname, she isn't coming back. You need to make your life. Either with Martha or without. Is your choice. But you need to do what is right for you. You have someone who loves you. That's a good thing."Zero remarks. "Yes, I guess your right. What are we going to do about Hanabusa? He is so lost. I feel so bad for him."Kaname replies.

"Just look after him. He will be staying here at the Cafe. He is just down the street from you. Do your everyday visits to him now. Give that time to him. He needs it. Plus we all know how he adores you. He was my best friend for many years. But he always idolized you Kaname." Zero responds. "True. I am willing to do that for him. That might make things better for both of us. Having a good friend to talk to without anyone saying. I am in love with them." Kaname chuckles. "I hope not. That would really make a stink wouldn't it?" Zero laughs. "He isn't Yuki but he will do. I will do my best to help him in any way I could." Kaname admits. "Good. He will need you." Zero replies. "What about you? You were always his best friend? You seem like you have something on your mind." Kaname asks. "I do. I have a plan for either way this goes. I either get the girl. Or just move on. I have nothing here anymore without her. So if she doesn't take me back. I am moving on. I won't be here to get in your way anymore." Zero replies. "To be honest. I think I will miss you. It was only 50 years of killing ourselves for us to grow up." Kaname remarks. "Better late than never. I am sure. I will see you at kid functions. I will still see my children." Zero responds. "Good. They need you." Kaname replies.