Chapter 245

Chapter 245 Aftermath

Everyone meets up at the Mansion. Getting their rooms. Setting up security. Getting Zero into a room and setting up his IV. Everything that he needs to heal. They also call Yagari and Kain. Telling them to come to the Mansion. They will need all the Security they can get. Not wanting to leave anyone without someone to watch over them. They are not sure. What kind of threat this was. They needed to take action. Kaname was strong. He could do a lot of damage. He just couldn't be everywhere. Not to mention the family has grown. They had small children now to watch over. He wanted them all safe. He even left his Wolf Familiar watching over Zero. Laying at the end of his bed. Yuki's small butterfly sitting on his pillow next to him. They never left him alone.

Hanabusa went straight to his lab. Working on Zero's blood. Finding out. What drug they used on him. Finding some very interesting new facts. Something that is most dangerous to them all.

"Kaname, may I please have a word with you and Yuki please?" Hanabusa asks. "Of course," Kaname says. Walking over to Yuki getting her attention. They both walk over to Hanabusa's Lab. "I have some interesting news. They injected Zero with a poison. It was so strong,that it takes away vampire and hunter powers. It can be used on both. I think. That's what they were doing. They were testing it. They knew that Zero had both sets of really strong powers. They figured if it would work on him. It would work on all. Including you Kaname. And you Yuki." Hanabusa states. "Will he get them back? Will he be ok?" Yuki asks. "Yes to both. But it will be a slow process. It made his healing go back to a Human. So it's going to go slow till this Poison is out of his system. I don't know how long that is either. It's a very powerful drug."Hanabusa replies. "It wasn't meant to kill us then?" Kaname asks. "No. It doesn't seem so. Just take the power away. Whatever they are planning. They didn't want him dead. Just stripped of his powers. So they could be in control." Hanabusa comments. "This is a bad thing. They can use it against us. But also the Vampire Hunters. If we can't fight them and the Hunters can't fight them. We will be useless." Kaname says. "its what they are trying to do." Hanabusa responds. "They would have to inject us though. So as long as we are careful. We should be fine." Yuki states. "Yes, but they can put this in anything. Do not eat or drink anything out of this house. Do not let the kids go outside." Kaname remarks. "Ok. We also need to tell Kaien and Yagari what is going on. They need to put the Hunters on alert."Yuki states. "We will." Kaname says.

Kaname and Yuki go talk to Kaien and Yagari. Who are in the sitting room of the Mansion. "Hanabusa got the lab results back. It seems that we are looking at something very disturbing. Something that affects both Vampire and hunters. "Kaname states. "What are we looking at?" Yagari asks. "It seems someone made a poison that takes away the powers of Vampires and hunters. They wanted to test it out on Zero. Since he has both. IF he could go down. It would be even easier for us." Kaname admits. "Oh, this is very bad." Kaien states. "Yes. Not sure what the person is after but it's not really killing us. He wants to disable us. So we can't fight back."Kaname states. "Will Zero be ok?" Yagari asks. "Yes. It will take awhile. The poison needs to get out of his system first. We don't know how long that will take. Once his regular healing comes back. That will help him out a lot."Kaname comments. "As long as he will be ok."Kaien remarks. "We can get through the rest." Kaien adds. "True. But we don't know what's next. Yuki was good enough at getting one of the Attackers. He is locked up in the dungeons downstairs. We can ask him what he knows. There were two others with him but they are gone now."Kaname reveals. "They escaped?" Yagari asks. "No. Yuki killed them." Kaname remarks."Damn girl. Remind me not to get on your bad side." Yagari comments. " I thought we made it clear not to touch Zero or Martha. I had to make it clearer." Yuki states. "We are going to keep this to ourselves for now. Even about Zero's condition. If everyone knows he is down. It won't look good. For him or for us. No one needs to know we are vulnerable. We will just say there is a big case. That all the head Hunters are going." Kaien suggests. "Sounds good. The person that did this won't know if it worked either. IF his minions didn't get to tell him. Yuki took care of two of them The other isn't getting out of here. That may be a good thing." Yagari admits. "Yes. You have a point."Kaname states.

After the talk, Yuki goes back upstairs into their old room at the Mansion. She sits next to Zero on the armchair next to the bed. Just looking at him. HIs pale face, His hurt body. She just sits with him all night. Not even going to dinner. She knows he will heal and come back to her. Yet it still doesn't make her feel any better. To see him this broken. Tears her apart. She saw how her anger took over. How she killed two people without even blinking. She has turned into Kaname. In time she might be even worse than him. To protect Zero. She didn't care what she had to do. It was No matter what it took. It scared her to know they took him down so easyly, after hearing how strong he was. What would they do to her? Or even Kaname? Yet Kaname had powers no one knew about. Would it really affect him? She didn't want to find out.