Chapter 14

Riya pov:

                   Wedding day

Past 3 weeks we were continuously shopping. I had choosen my bridal saree and jeweleries. My makeup artist had been booked. Marraige hall and catering services is booked. Invitation has been distributed to everyone. From today onwards I need to take rest. And I am not allowed to go out of the home. Cause only one more week to go for wedding. And I was not allowed to meet the groom. Not like I wanted we never spoke or seen after the engagement. He gives some excuses even if we needed to meet. He was completely avoiding me. I don't even care. My parents got permission from my college about my wedding. And they gave me vacation. I can only need to go to college for exams.

I was currently sitting in my room with my cousin monisha and her son deerav.

"What are you gonna do after marriage"she asked me.

"I will definitely get a job and built my carrier" I said.

She laughed at me."why are you laughing" I asked her.

"I myself told the same dialogue before marriage" she stopped for a while.

"But see now, I am only doing my duties as wife and mom" she said.

"My life is different from you moni. I will definitely built my carrier" I said.

"Let's hope you do" she said.

We talked about random stuffs and close relatives are started to show their presence. I am feeling shy to confront them.past five days we were having nalangu(rituals performed in our culture for both groom and bride).

Tomorrow is my wedding. My bestfriend shruthi came to my home today morning. Even Gokul was helping my family with some work. Only shruthi knows how stressed I am . She always consoles me whenever I need. I am so terrified to accept the present.

All girls were applying henna in our hands. It's also our ritual. After completed that ceremony everyone went to our respective rooms. Tomorrow morning I need to wake up early for my marriage.

So I changed my clothes into PJ's and lied on my bed. My mom trying to wake me up for past half an hour. Now I am currently woke up.

"Riya, go take a shower soon" she said.

I sighed and went to bathroom. I did my daily routine and took a hot shower with vanilla and strawberry extract body wash and shampoo. After I drapped myself with towel and went out.

My makeup artist  were there her name is Ana. I greeted her and took my dress to wear. My mom and ana heped me to drap a wedding saree. It was pink with lavender design border saree. And they started to do my makeup and hair. After it felt like an eternity. We completed our makeup and hairstyle. I wore all the jewelery my mom gave which is matching to my saree.