Changing You

Those innocent eyes, that smile on your face makes it easy to trust you, but if they only knew.

That’s exactly how Lauren got me 10 years ago; Her innocent storytelling eyes and her luminous smile was enough for anyone to put their life in Lauren’s hands, she came off protective and extremely trustworthy. I was young and naive all those years ago and I gave into my now raven haired fiancée. She was beyond sweet and affectionate in the early stages of our relationship, but once we moved in together, everything seemed to change and the love of my life did a complete 360 on me. Lauren was no longer sweet and affection, but more so possessive and slightly controlling. It didn’t change the way I felt about her, I didn’t love her any less than I already did and although she wasn’t the same girl I fell in love with, I knew she still loved me deep down even if she didn’t reciprocate those three words anymore.

I quit my job a couple of months ago, Lauren wanting to be the upper hand in our relationship and always in charge, so I did as she asked of me. Now my days were spent at home cleaning, cooking, writing sheet music, just basically anything until Lauren would come strolling through the door after work.

I was sitting in the living room of our flat, watching tv when I got an idea. I wanted to take Lauren out on a date tonight, we haven’t had one in a while and I wanted to spend time with her, without being ignored, so I texted her.

Me:
Hey babe, I miss you so much. I hope works going well.

Lauren:
Thanks.

Lauren’s one worded answers were something that I had unfortunately grown accustomed to over the last few years of our relationship.

Me:
I was thinking that maybe I could take you to dinner tonight. How does that sound?

Lauren:
Sure whatever. I’ve got to go.

I squealed with excitement. While most people would see that as rude, I was beyond happy, because for once in a really long time,she was agreeing to spend time with me.

I spent the remainder of the time getting ready and wanting to impress Lauren, I pulled out all of the stops; wanting to remind her of the girl she fell in love with in the first place. I decided on taking her to a fancy but not too over the top restaurant, so I opted for a snug fitting black pants suit with a cleavage baring white blouse, my long brown wavy tresses fell over my shoulders and cascaded down my back. I was more than pleased with how I looked, I lastly complimented my look with black heels and awaited Lauren’s return home.

I was sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for Lauren to walk through the door, but instead I got a text.

Lauren:
I’m outside, let’s go.

Me:
In your work clothes? You don’t want to change?

I bit down on my lip nervously, because questioning Lauren never went well, but I wanted tonight to be special.

Lauren:
Camila get your ass out here now, or I’m not going at all.

I didn’t question her for a second longer, instead I grabbed my pursed and headed out the door towards Lauren’s Mercedes.

I opened up the passenger door and got a glimpse of Lauren, still in her formal work attire and her eyes glued to the screen of her phone. Her side profile was beyond perfect, just looking at her always made me smile, which is exactly what I did. I slid into the seat and closed the door behind me, I was waiting for Lauren to notice my presence but it obviously didn’t work, so leaned over the center console and kissed her neck. Her jaw clenched.

“Stop.” She said with a stern voice.

And so I did.

“I missed you, Laur.” I explained sweetly, while brushing strand of her hair behind her ears; her eyes still glued to her phone. “How was work?”