Bandaid Kisses *

*Sexual Content*

 “How are you feeling today, my precious angel?”

Camila fluttered her eyes open at the sound of her favourite husky morning voice. Camila groaned quietly, moving her right arm over Lauren’s half naked body. She always thought Lauren was the prettiest in the mornings, when she was sleepy and so natural. Lauren’s brow furrowed as she felt the heat of Camila’s skin against her own, still not getting a response from the younger girl.

“You’re not feeling well today. You have a fever,” Lauren sighed, leaning forward and kissing Camila’s forehead, a single tear rolling down the smaller girls face, “It’s okay, little baby. I know you don’t want to have your injection again but you don’t have much of a choice, okay?” she said, tracing her fingers over the tiny little circles of dried blood on her arm, “You be strong for me, okay?”

Camila sighed and her stomach churned at the thought of the painful needle entering her skin and the medicine entering her body in such a painful way. Another tear escaped her eye as she nodded her head again. But of course deep down she knew that it was best for her, because though her body was aching already, if she didn’t take her medicine, it would only get worse as the day progressed.

Lauren slid out of bed, not even bothering to put a shirt on as she rubbed her eyes and walked into the kitchen. She opened a large container sitting on the bench, that was full of different scripts for different medication and instruction booklets, and needles and bottles of strange clear solutions. If it weren’t for the help of Camila’s parents, there was no way Lauren would have been able to afford to keep Camila alive. And she appreciated that very much. She took two bottles of pills, a needle, a bottle of clear solution, and a Mickey Mouse bandaid from the box to put over it in the end.

Lauren walked back into the room and sat on the bed beside Camila, and the young girl held her bruised arm out for Lauren to inject. Lauren put the things down on the bed and took Camila’s arm in her hands, “I wish I could kiss it better,” she whispered, placing gentle kisses over each other bruises, “But you’re such a fragile little girl, aren’t you?” Camila nodded slowly.

Lauren got the needle and stuck it in the top of the small bottle of clear liquid, sucking it up. She pulled it out and held it against Camila’s skin, “Close your eyes,” she said. Camila shook her head and looked down at the metal against her skin, “I said close your eyes,” Lauren said sternly. Camila sighed and did as she was told, clenching her eyes shut tightly, “Don’t tense up. I can feel it. Just relax. If you relax, I’ll bring you a treat on my way home from school…”

As she talked calmly to Camila, calming her down, she stuck the needle under her skin. Camila let out a squeal and her eyes started to tear up. Lauren’s heart sunk in her chest, knowing she had to hurt the love of her life in such a way. Camila whimpered and sniffled as Lauren injected Camila’s medication, “It’s okay my sunshine…” she whispered, pulling the needle out of her hot skin, a drop of blood appearing. Lauren swiftly pushed the needle aside and ripped open the bandaid, putting it over the spot. Lauren pressed a gentle kiss over the bandaid, “See look? The bandaid. It’s Mickey and Minnie smooching. Are you my little Minnie Mouse?”

“Lauren, it burns…” Camila whispered, weakly bringing one of her hands to her face to wipe away her own tears. Lauren shook her head and gently pulled  Camila’s hand away from her face, gently lying it next to her body, “Lauren please don’t go to school today. Please don’t go to school. I want you to stay here with me,” Camila cried, tears streaking her bright red face.

Lauren sighed, leaning forward and pressing a gentle kiss to Camila’s forehead, “Let me clean up, and get you some breakfast okay? What if I make you one of those special banana smoothies? Or, I could get you a glass of juice,” Lauren told her, stroking her hair gently.