Chapter 23

The arguing grows louder and louder inside my head. The words that they yell at me echo in my ears and all around me. My fingers curl into a tightened fist. Anger swells inside me. I feel the pressure building inside with each passing second. Growing more and more until I have to release it.

The need to scream and yell welling within. My fist tightens even more. I feel as though my knuckles might start bleeding or the palm of my hand from my sharp fingernails.

I go into the bathroom and slam the door shut behind me. The anger rising higher and higher. My eyes wonder around the room. They land on a razor laying on the counter.

I pick it up and slide it my skin The blood rushing down my arm. The feeling of a need for release still built up inside. The anger is still there. I make another cut. More blood rushing out. My arms bloody but I can't stop. I don't know how.

Still so angry. I can't stop. Can't stop. More cuts. More blood. Now I can stop. The feeling is gone now. The anger gone. The yelling in my head gone. The feel of release now all around me. Everything is now okay. I can breath now. I take several deep breaths. I can feel it entering my lungs and soul. 

The blood runs down my arm and onto the floor. I look around the room and grab what looks like a clean towel off the floor. I put the towel to my arm. I then wipe up the blood on the floor with it.

I go get clothes out of my room. I just have to clean up the mess and hide the wounds. I have to hide it. No one can know what took place in this room. No one can see the scars. No one can know.

The bleeding stopped. After it stopped, I retreat back to my room. I lie down on my bed and try sleep. I feel so much better. I am at peace in my head. Even their yelling and fighting doesn't bother me anymore. I just drift off into a peaceful sleep.

I drift into dreamless dreams, the only escape from the fighting and the hurt. The only escape from the hell that I had begun to call the only place that I call home. Even though it isn't much of a home at all. It is just some roach infested trailer that the blood had now seeped in, seeped in to the very core of the house.

The happiness that was there in the beginning is gone. There are no more smiles, only hatred and drops of blood on the floor.