Chapter 82

The safety of school is no longer an option. I am at home full time now but I know that it will not last long. I just have to stay out of the way and avoid everyone. Chloe and Max have already spoken to Daddy. We are gone as soon as our visit comes. 

Daddy told us that when we come over that we need to bring all our stuff. I agree with him. Whatever we leave behind we will never see it again. I found a big brown suitcase in my closet. I got it out last night and packed it with all of possessions, what little I had. 

The days are filed with Momma and Matt fusing at us, constantly telling us that they are sick of us. The day comes when Momma and Matt can no longer be in the house with us. They tell Chloe to take all of us to Daddy's house, even though it was an angry outburst we do it anyway. We called Daddy and told him that we are coming sooner than we thought. 

 The next morning Momma and Matt left. They didn't say anything to me or anybody else. They were still angry at me because the phone was shut off. They told me that it was all my fault, but I know that it isn't. 

Chloe has her own car, a ford probe. After I pack the rest of my things, we load up the car. I stop and take one last look at the trailer. The trailer I thought would be a home. I thought I would make great memories with Momma and my stepdad here. I was delusional. This was not a home. This was a prison. 

Momma and Matt are not here to see us off. There are no sad goodbyes. No call me when you get to your Daddy's so I know you got there okay. No I love yous. Nothing. I shut the door behind us. We all knew that it was going to be a long time before we ever came back, if we ever come back.

Chloe pulls out of the driveway. I look out the rear window. I know I will miss Lucky, my old friends that I will never see again. We were all running away. Even thought Momma and Matt had hurt all of us, I still didn't like deceiving them. 

It was the longest car ride filled with nothing but our own silence and inner thoughts. Would they go into my room and notice everything gone. Would they be angry or if they would even care? How long would it take them to notice our absence? 

If one of us left, we all had to leave. If only one of us moved out then the other two would have taken the heat and blame for it. Chloe and Max were for sure leaving. I, on the other hand, was torn. I wanted to leave so bad but I didn't think that it would actually happen. I wanted to stay there for Momma but at the same time I couldn't stand living there anymore.

I knew that if I had stayed while Max and Chloe left it would have ended up being my worst nightmare. It would have been all my fault. I didn't want that. It was because of me that we left.

Most of all I think that I left for Daddy. He loved me and would have never done the things that she did. He was never angry when we left him. Momma, on the other hand, was capable of anything and unpredictable.