Chapter 64

Max isn't here. I don't know where he is, and honestly I don't really care. He slide into his room and quietly close the door behind me. I flip on the light. I turn on his TV and hook up the Wii Momma and Matt got him for his birthday to the back of it. I pull out his box of games and begin to look through the. Out of the twelve games he has I like two of them the most, Guitar Hero and Bleach.

When Max first got it, we played for hours. I beat him at every game and as a sibling that is something that you can hang over them for as long as you remember it. 

I pick Guitar Hero and slide it into the system. There is no concept of time when you play a game. You become a part of it. You are in a different world. Whoever or whatever you pick is what you become until you turn the game off. I must have been playing for a long time because my eyes are beginning to hurt. I can't hardly see anymore. I pause it then look at the ground and blink several times. The carpet beneath my feet looks as if it is moving. 

A laugh escapes me. Once my eyes adjust again, I return to my game until Max comes into his room. He jumps. 

"Ray!" he yells taking a step back. All I can do is laugh. I scared him. HA! 

"What are you doing?" he asks kicking his shoes off and kicking them somewhere besides next to him. 

"Playing a game what's it look like?" I point to the TV with the control. 

"No one knew where you were," he climbed into his bed.  I shrug. I don't really care. So what? They left me alone for once. "Get out, I'm goin to bed."

I turn off the game and slide the control on  the carpet towards the TV. Max has already face planted his pillow. There is to be no more conversation between us. I leave and shut the door behind me. I return to my room and lay down on my bed. Sleep comes quicker than I thought it would. Playing Guitar Hero must have tired me out.