Chapter 81

After class, I asked her if I could have it back. She wouldn't give it to me. The next day, the counselor called me to the office. She had obviously read the note. She was ready to call DHR. I practically begged her no to call. I told her that I and my siblings would talk to my parents and try to make things better.

I knew I couldn't be the one to screwed things up. I didn't want to make Chloe call me stupid again. I didn't want to betray Momma and Matt. They would have been so disappointed in me.

She finally agreed not to call. As I walked back to class, I was furious. Why did she have to read the note? She was going to ruin everything. When I got back to class, I told my boyfriend about it but he didn't seem to be interested. I decided that I was going to visit her at least once a week, and I did.

The next time I visited her, I told her that we talked to my parents and that they were going to go back to AA. I felt bad about lying to her. She was so nice to me. On the last day of school, I thanked her and the teacher for helping me. That was a good day.

My boyfriend and I were okay. Everything was good. I spent the day hanging out with my creative writing friend. I was happy. When school let out, I said my goodbyes to all my friends. I rode a different bus to the middle school and said my goodbyes to my friends there.

I saw Ronan and my other friends. I talked to both of them. Before I had to leave, Ronan gave me his spiked bracelet. He told me that he wanted it back the next time he saw me. I smiled and walked back to the bus. The bus driver fussed at me but I didn't care. I was just happy that I got to say goodbye to my friends.