Chapter 44

Sometime after that, Matt stormed out. When he came back to the house, he was completely drunk. All I can do is stand in the living room and stare at him. He is staggering and falling all over the place.

"Go to your room!" he yells. I didn't even do or say anything to deserve to go to my room, but I go anyway. It is better than being out here with him. He calls Momma. They leave and go somewhere else. I am not complaining. At least they aren't here.

Later on that same evening they come home. Matt is so strung out. He is high and completely wasted. He smells like a brewery. I could smell him from across the house. 

"I'm sorry Ray," he stammers. He cannot even get his sentence out. I know his apology is insincere. Like I said he is completely smashed.

We were always butting head and often fighting like cats and dogs. I can't stand him. I know in my heart he feels the same way about me. At one point, I wanted to light him on fire. This moment would have been the perfect opportunity. It is like he bathed in alcohol. The fumes spewing from his mouth. He is pitiful and disgusting. I hate it.

"It okay," I smile and nod my head. I hate you. I hate what you have done to my mother. I hate what you are doing to my family. I loath you. I despise you. I want to watch you ignite in flames and burn to ashes at my feet. 

Matt continues to babbled on about doing stuff as he leaves the room. I return went to my room. My sanctuary.