003

I stood in front of my closet later that night, once again wondering what should I wear in front of him

I stood in front of my closet later that night, once again wondering what should I wear in front of him. I'd always got faint tingles of nervous anticipation before going out. And, with him, I imagined that it'd be worser.

I decided to go for the casual look. My hair is a mess and bothering me anyway, so I just curled at the end of it and set it with the hairspray. I didn't put a lot of effort on my makeup so I'll just put on eyeliner, blush and lipstick. I'd fit right in with a pair of denim shorts and a red V-neck shirt, tucked in. Who knew trying to impress a boy could be so stressful?

I picked Chika up and put her inside the cage. I don't want her to be running around the house, creating mess while I'm gone. I placed her food and water inside as well and patted her head before I close the cage. "Be good, Chika. Mama's going out on a date. I'll be home soon. Love you."

I checked my watch. Shit, it was already 6:30. I pulled out my phone and checked for any texts from him. Was he really going to come? I put my phone inside my bag and slung it over my shoulder. I checked my appearance one last time in the mirror. Shit this stupid hair. It was great when I'm getting ready for work every morning, but when I'm going out for a freaking one date, my hair's weird and was starting to look messy. Whatever, at least I looked good with brown hair.

I walked down the steps as fast as I can, worried that I would be late. I took a cab. It was only about ten minutes to go there, but I didn't want to make him wait.

Minutes later, I arrived. He's already there. I saw him sitting on the bench, nervously playing with his fingers. He looked impossibly perfect in a pair of black ripped pants and a black hoodie. He completed the look with a cap and a mask to cover half of his face. Why do he love to cover his face so much? I walked over to him, my heart in my throat.

"Hi." I said softly, standing in front of him.

He looked up at me with red stained ears.

"Hi." He murmured.

We stayed like that for a moment, simply looking at each other.

"Let's go inside." He stood up. He opens the door to the coffee shop and I stepped in gingerly. Our fingers brushed as we walked inside. I wanted to take his hand, but it'll make me look I'm way into him. Get your act together, Seul. He glanced over at me shyly. Every accidental bump of his hand against mine held so much suspense and anticipation. I really want to hold his hand.

We sat in silence for a few moments. It wasn't uncomfortable, just shy. Seungwoo moved in his seat and his knee bumped into mine. My heart began to race. I was just working up enough courage to look into his eyes when the waiter came by and took our orders.

"Do you want coffee or tea? Or maybe juice? Dessert?" Seungwoo asked.

"Umm, I'll just have an Americano." I said quietly.

"I'll also take the same. And a blueberry scones." He said. The waiter walked away to place our orders.

"How's your cat?" He asked, showing his cute eye smile to me. That was so random. Are we really going to talk about Chika right now?