059

Seungwoo POV

Seungwoo POV

I let myself into our apartment quietly, trying not to disturb her if she was sleeping. I went into the kitchen and put away the plain crackers and ginger tea I'd picked up for her. The only thing left in the small black plastic bag was the pregnancy test. I fished it out and held it carefully in my hands. This little stick was going to determine the rest of our lives.

I threw the bag out and held the test tightly in my hand. My heart pounded against my chest as I walked over to our bedroom and slowly opened the door. I smiled at the sight of her sleeping soundly, her hair splayed out of over the pillowcase. It had been getting so long; she'd refused to go to any salon other than the one in Hongdae. She was so picky about her hair. I'd cut her bangs the other day and she'd cried because I messed up one spot. I was happy she was growing it out again.

I walked over to her, my heart in my mouth, and knelt down beside her head.

"Hey, baby." I called softly, stroking her hair. She blinked drowsily at me. "How you feeling?"

"Sleepy." She mumbled, eyes drooping shut. "My stomach hurts."

I kissed her forehead. "You don't have a fever." I told her, checking again with another kiss.

"Did you get the test?" She asked, yawning. She opened her eyes and gave me a tiny smile.

"Yeah. Right here." I held it up to show her.

"Whew." She said, taking a deep breath. She sat up and stretched. "Ow." She moaned, clutching her stomach. "Is being pregnant supposed to feel this way?"

"I don't know." I said. "I've never dealt with a pregnancy before. What was it like for your sister-in-law?"

"Easy." She grumbled. "She had a great pregnancy. It was a lot harder for Aera though."

"I guess it depends on the person, huh?" I held out a hand and helped her stand up.

"Yeah, I guess so." She said softly as she wrapped her arms around me. She bent down and kissed my collarbone. "I love you, Seungwoo."

"I love you, too." I whispered, hugging her back. I kissed her hair. "No matter what."

She took the rest from me and looked up into my eyes.

"Here goes." She whispered, a smile tugging at her lips.

I followed her as far as the bathroom. She took my hand and kissed it before she closed the door. I leaned against the wall, feeling sick with anticipation. Chika scratched at the door, whining pitifully.

Truthfully, I wanted her to be pregnant. I knew we weren't ready. We weren't even married and my schedule was incredibly hectic and I wouldn't be able to be around as much as I'd prefer if she was having a baby. Our finances were doing fine, but I knew she was making a lot less these days. If she had been stressed about the cost of a wedding, then she'd be really stressed out by the cost of a wedding and a baby. Because if she was pregnant, I was going to give her a ring and put it on her finger where it belonged. If she was pregnant, we were doing this shit, and we were doing it right. We were going to be a family. And I wanted that. I wanted that more than anything I'd ever wanted before.