065

Seungwoo POV

The couch was uncomfortable. I could hear my fiancée crying from the bedroom, but I knew she didn't want me in there.

After an hour, though, I threw off my blanket, it was much too early to sleep, anyway and knocked on the door. I heard a couple of sniffles before the crying abruptly stopped.

"Can I come in?" I asked softly.

There was no answer. I hadn't expected one.

I opened the door and walked over to her. She had the covers up to her chin and Chika lay curled up next to her, pointy white ears tickling her chin.

I laid down next to the two of them. Chika licked my cheek before snuggling back against her. She patted her head and avoided my eyes. I reached out and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. Her lower lip trembled and she burst into fresh tears.

I scooted closer and laid my forehead against hers, Chika in between us.

"Baby, please." I kissed her cheek. "Please stop crying."

Chika stood on her front paws and licked away her tears. She let out a soft, tearful giggle.

"That tickles." She picked her up and cuddled in her arms.

I took the opportunity to pull her into my embrace. "I'm so sorry, my love."

"I want you to have a solo career." She whispered, hair falling into her face as she rubbed her eyes with her fist. "I want you to be successful. I just wished you had talked to me first."

"It was a very spur of the moment decision. My manager came up to me and asked if I could have a meeting with the president mid-March and I said yes. It was later that I found out it was your birthday and when I asked him to change it, he said it was the only day he could offer me."

She tried to turn away, but I wouldn't let her out of my arms.

"Don't be mad at me. Please, baby." I pleaded. "I hate it when you're mad at me."

"I'm upset." She whispered.

I pressed my lips to her forehead. "I'll figure it out."

She pushed against me and I let her slip from my grasp. I flopped over onto my back and stared up at the ceiling, thinking.

"You are my world. I love you more than I love my own self. I know my career puts a strain on our family, but we knew that going into marriage." I glanced at her. "Baby, I'm not going to be an idol forever. I've got maybe four good years left before I'm too old for younger fans to get into my music. This is my one chance."

"I know." She said softly. "I know it is. It's just bad timing since I'm pregnant."

"I had given up on a solo career when I knew you're pregnant." I absentmindedly played with my engagement band. "And you're growing it out. I didn't want them to be so far apart. Besides, it seemed like the right time, anyway. We've been together for seven months and a half. You're eight weeks pregnant. We're financially stable and we've got enough room in the apartment for the baby. And I loved that soft baby smell. Like powder and baby hair."

I heard her set Chika down on the ground. She laid her head on my shoulder and rested her legs on top of mine.

"Will you even be around for it?"

"Why are you so sure that I'll be too busy to watch my child grow up?" I threaded a hand into her hair. "Hmm?"

She let out a shaky sigh. "I just miss you when you're gone."