022

I was in the kitchen helping his mom preparing some food during the lunch

I was in the kitchen helping his mom preparing some food during the lunch. I was chopping the onion when Seungwoo suddenly bumped into me and dropped the other onions on the counter top onto my foot.

"Ouch!" I hissed, drawing my foot back.

"I'm so sorry." He apologized hastily as he crouched down and picked all the onions up. He walked to sink and washed it before putting it back.

"Hi." He said softly. "Did you have a nice sleep last night?"

"Ah...yeah." I nodded, licking my lips nervously. "How about you?"

"Me too." He nodded, looking at me awkwardly.

"Well, the weather's really good today for the beach." I said, accidentally biting my tongue as I spoke to him. I felt like an idiot. A very sad, very stupid idiot.

"Yup." He agreed. "You wanna go today?"

I smiled in spite of the tears the onions were causing. I probably looked so strange right now. "Yeah."

"Seungwoo, your cousins are going to do a little bonfire tonight at the beach." His mom butted in. "It'll be fun if you brought Seul there."

"I'd love to." I wiped away a few tears with my arm. Even after all these years, I could never get used to cutting onions.

"What time?" Seungwoo asked.

"Seven."

"Are you coming?" He went over the table and sit.

"No." His mom said simply. "Just bring Seul there."

"Ah, okay. I'll bring her then."

I flushed. I looked down at my clothes. Even with protection of an apron, I'd still managed to get food all over myself. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair before I remembered I was wearing gloves and chopping onions. Great. Now I was going to somehow have to shower and change before we went outside. I gingerly sniffed my shirt and wrinkled my nose. I smelled awful.

"You look terrible." Seungwoo laughed when he saw me.

I frowned at him. "That's rude."

I stood in front of the mirror later that night, wondering what should I wear in front of him. I decided to wear my simple white off shoulder dress and let my hair fall effortlessly on my back.

I must have been in the room longer than I'd realized because there was a knock on the door.

"Wait!" I answered as I opened the door for him. I couldn't pretend like I wasn't eager to see him.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked.

"Um..." I grinned. "Yeah. Just a little touch-up and I'm done."

"Okay. I'll meet you downstairs."

"I'll be there in 5 minutes!" I closed the door abruptly and I started to panic. In five minutes and we're ready to go to the beach together. What a nice dream date.