040

I woke up alone later that night

Out of habit, I'd yawned and thrown my arms out to hold whoever sleeping beside me, eyes still screwed shut. But I'd tried to hug air, my arms slamming down uselessly onto the mattress.

I groaned and rolled over onto the side of the bed, rubbing my face into the pillow and cocooning myself in the blanket. Everything smelled like Seungwoo, making me feel even lonelier on the middle of the night.

I closed my eyes and tried to remember the last time we'd woken up next to each other. It had been a long time ago. Probably that week we'd make up after the big fight.

Sighing, I pulled the covers up to my nose, suddenly remembering that Aera had shown up to my apartment earlier. I sat up abruptly, pulling off my phone and tousling my hair, only to see that I got a text message from her saying she'll be out for a while, taking a fresh cool air.

What was this idiot thinking? Ugh. It's freaking 2 a.m. and it's cold outside. I immediately dialled for her number.

"Pick up your phone." I muttered. I bit my lip anxiously, wondering if she was purposefully ignoring my calls. The phone rang endlessly. I let out a sigh of relief as the line picked up, only to be disappointed when I realized her cheerful voice on the other end was just the voicemail, yet again. My heart plummeted into my stomach as I wondered what could have happened to her? She was all alone, after all.

I clicked the call off without bothering to leave a message. I collapsed onto my bed, uncertainty taking over. What the hell is she up to? She could've texted me to let me know she'd at least seen my missed calls.

I called Seungwoo, later.

"What's up, baby?"

"I can't find Aera." I interjected quietly. "She was sleeping here for a while and then when I wake up, I can't find her. She'd texted me that she was going out for a while but she didn't even pick up any of my call."

"But it's cold outside." He said, concern seeping into his tone. "Have you told her husband?"

"They're fighting. There's not much I can do. Do you have any idea where she could be?"

Seungwoo thought for a moment. "Nearby? Maybe she might be there."

"I'm going out to look for her." I said as I got up, throwing on some clothes and grabbing an extra sweatshirt in case I found Aera.

"It's dangerous, baby." He said as I fitted a beanie over my head.

"I don't care. Aera's missing and I think she might be nearby."

"What do you mean she's missing? She's a grown ass woman and it's only been a few hours. What's the big deal?"

I grabbed my keys and said. "She's pregnant. She can't just go wherever she wants. It's dangerous."