074

"Seul?"

My head shot up at the sound of my husband's quiet, heartbroken voice. His eyes widened in shock and disbelief when we made eye contact.

"Oh, it is really you." His eyes filled with sadness and anger. "Are you...are you cheating on me right now?"

"No." I answered dumbly and shoved Hyunjin away from me. "That's not what I meant and you know it." I glared up at Hyunjin and purposely wiped my lips off. "How dare you kiss me like that after I just told you I didn't think now was a good time? Do you think that this is going to win over my heart?"

Hyunjin had the decency to look abashed. "I just don't want to lose you." He said softly.

"Well, consider me lost. Don't act like you know me from now on."

Hyunjin giggled in the background before forcefully turning my head back to his. Our lips collided in a sloppy kiss and I just stood there, shocked and powerless against what was happening to me.

He swiftly broke away from the kiss and brushed past my husband and I with a smug smile on his face. "Don't forget to call. You promised." He winked at my husband before entering back into the restaurant.

"I don't...I don't even have his number." I felt my face flush as my husband stared at me.

He held my gaze for a few moments before very slowly and deliberately taking off his ring around his finger. He held it out to me.

"Take it." He said softly, handing me the wedding rings.

When I didn't respond, he took my hand and opened my palm, dropping the ring and closing my fingers over it.

I watched like a woman in a dream as he ran his fingers through his unruly bangs.

"Honey," I began in a cracked voice, "it's not what you think."

He held up his hand and I closed my mouth.

"Don't call me that." His tone was decisive, sharp even.

"It's not what you think." I repeated desperately. "It's not, it's not. He just kissed me out of nowhere, I swear to you."

He scoffed. "So, is that why he gave you that sweet goodbye kiss? You didn't even push him away! Did you want him to kiss you?" He spat the words out like they tasted bitter on his tongue.

"What? Seungwoo, honey, no! No, no, no." I reached out to him, but he backed away from me until he hit the wall.

"Don't touch me." He said softly, breaking my heart with those three whispered words.

The tears kept streaming down my face and I felt an ache wrap its poisonous fingers around my heart as I sniffled.

"Seul, I can't believe you would do this to me." He stared down his feet with those sad eyes. I caught a glimpse of my slightly swollen belly and fully realized the magnitude of the situation. "I thought you loved me."

"I love you more than anyone." I whispered. "You know that. Honey, look at me."

I cupped his face in my hands, palms pressed against his cheek. He tried to pry away from me as I bent slightly down to look him in the eyes. "Please. You're my husband. You know I would never do this to you."

"Don't touch me." He pulled my hands away from his face. "Don't touch me, Seul."

I let my hands fall to my sides.

"What do you want me to do?" I hiccupped, stifling a sob. My voice sounded small and scared even to me.

"I'm going back home. I'll text you later."