007

He was really busy the next week

He was really busy the next week. We didn't get to see each other. We'd texted, but it wasn't the same as hearing his voice. Even hearing his voice wasn't the same as seeing him in person. I had started to forget what he smelled like, how cool his every movement was, what it felt like to stare at him.

"Seul." It was Soojung, Mrs Chae's secretary. "These are all the files that Mrs. Chae asked you to take a look."

"Thanks." I took the files. Another research to be done? I wonder at what time will I be home today. I can't waste any more time. These need to be done quickly. I can't bear this suffocation any longer. I sighed as she walked away. This can't be more stressful for me to handle?

"Seul, let's go for lunch." Jieun called loudly. "Get up, missy. Don't be so gloomy."

"Ugh, Jieun. I have so many things to be done today." I groaned, covering my ears. She came over and pulled my hands.

"Seul, let's go." She smacked my back.

"Jieun!" I cried, whipping around and glaring at her. "I can't waste any more time."

"Oh, my baby, poor you. You've been so busy with paper works lately." She cooed, leaning over and pinching my cheeks.

I just scowled at her.

"C'mon, Seul." She said getting serious. "You need to eat too. And then we'll continue doing what we left together later, hmm?"

"Fine." I grumbled, standing up. Jieun came closer. She reached up and brushed my hair out of my face.

"Hurry up. I'm hungry!" She grabbed my hands and walked to the cafeteria. As we reached the cafeteria, it was really crowded. We both lined up to buy our meals and searched for the empty tables.

A stranger suddenly raised his hands and wave at us, gesturing us to come to his table. There were some empty seats. I looked at Jieun, but she was fast enough to walked towards the table. I followed, sullenly.

"Thank you for sharing the table with us." Jieun said.

The person nodded his head, all smiles. Why does he look so familiar? I think I've seen him somewhere before. I took a seat next to Jieun and tucked in to my food.

We ate in silence for a while, just enjoying the food. I kept on thinking about Seungwoo. Is he okay? I felt bad for kicking him out from my house the other day. But he's been too much for me to handle. I realized that he didn't text me today. Was he really that busy? Was I supposed to hang around his company hoping he'd show up? What if I didn't see him again next week?

"Kim Seul."

I turned to look. The person next to Jieun called me, grinning affectionately at me. I instantly frowned. How did he know my name? He came closer and squeezed himself next to me. His thighs touched mine and I had to stop him from coming even closer. Who the hell is this guy? Does he know me? And why was he so casual around me?

"Remember me?" He said, smiling sleazily.

I raised my eyebrows. "Who are you?"

"Really?" He raised his eyebrows at me, mouth forming into a pout. "Don't you feel like we've actually knew each other from a while ago?"

"Did we?" I asked, surprised. Sure, he looks familiar. But I can't recall when did we talked to each other a while ago. "I'm pretty sure we've never met."

"Yeah." He nodded. "We used to go to the same college before. I saw you around, but we never interacted much. I always just thought you were cute."

"U-Uhh." I stammered.

"I'm Jaehyun." He said softly, staring at me. "I didn't know you work here."

"I haven't seen you before Jaehyun." Jieun interrupt.

"I'm new here. Along with the other interns at the back." He answered.

I whipped around and instantly saw the person that I've expected. Hana. So, she got accepted to work here? I sighed. What a good day. I wonder what is her reaction later when she saw me. Most importantly, what will she say when she knew that I'm dating her crush, Han Seungwoo. I mean, fake dating. Am I going to be just fine?

"Please take a good care of me, Seul. I'll be seeing you often later." Jaehyun said.

I sighed.

♥ ♥ ♥

I was working on my last file and feeling significantly less motivated to finish it. Why did I choose this career anyway? It was so stressful and boring. I huffed the bangs out of my eyes. I scratched my head as I was reading the paper. 

My phone suddenly buzzed; it was a text message from Han Seungwoo. Thanks God, he's alive.

"What are you doing?"

I texted him back almost instantly. "Working."

"Are you busy?"

"Not really. Just finishing my last paper then I'll be heading home. Why?"

"Can I take you home?"

I grinned. I'm suddenly feeling motivated to finish my work so that I can meet him quickly. "Why? What's going on?"

"Uhm...it's just that we haven't meet for a while." He replied.

"Okay. I'll meet you at my workplace."

"I'll be there in 15 minutes. Don't be late! :P"

I started to panic. Fifteen minutes? I need to finish this quickly.

"Hi." A soft curious voice said to me.

"H-Hey." I stammered, too surprised to act cool.

I stood up abruptly to see the girl that I've never wanting to see standing there in front of me, looking impossibly perfect in a pair of pink pencil skirt and a pretty black shirt. Her long hair fell in a soft waves down her back. I wondered why would Seungwoo rejected her.

"You're the girl from the wedding ceremony. Are you working here too?" She looked at me, a little bewildered.

"Yeah. I am." I said.

The girl smiled, a gorgeous smile that confused me. I don't get it why Seungwoo didn't want her as his girlfriend. I mean, look at her smile that could sent any man's heart into overdrive. They all would probably die of a heart attack if they ever got her.

"Oh, good." She said quietly. She had a sweet, soft voice. Not that annoying voice I heard from the other day. "At least I know I'm not working with a complete untrustworthy company."

"No, it's a good workplace." I confirmed, smiled at her.

"Yes, yes." She said politely. "I'm Hana. And you?"

"Seul."

"That's a beautiful name." She said. "It suits you."

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Are you leaving now?" She asked, grinning.

"Uh, yeah. Just finishing these a little more while waiting up for a friend to take me home." I said.

"Are you waiting up for Seungwoo?"