020

I woke up the next morning, still exhausted from the night before

I woke up the next morning, still exhausted from the night before. I sat up and grabbed my head, feeling dizzy. How much did I drank last night? The bed feels unfamiliar to me. Did I spend the night at Aera's house? I glanced over at the clock on the wall. It was already 9 a.m. I had to leave in a couple of hours to head to Busan.

I hunted around for my phone, finally finding it in between the pillows. Why did her bed have so many pillows? It seems unnecessary to me. I waited impatiently for my phone to turn on, eagerly typing in the passcode. A red button popped up on my text messages. Seungwoo had sent me a simple text.

"Thanks for inviting me last night. It really meant a lot to me."

He came? I don't know what had happened last night. I was too drunk to remember anything but all I know is that it was a weird yet great night to me. Did I act strange in front of him while I was drunk? I tugged at my hair, cringing. Why did I drank so much last night? Am I really that stressed that I had to consumed the alcohol that much?

I climbed out of bed and headed into the bathroom, standing in front of the mirror, examining myself. On a good day, the most you could say about my hair which is straight and brown is that it's offensive. Right now, however, it looked like I was overdue for an extreme makeover. And my face, generally fairly forgettable, resembled something a close-up of which might open a horror movie.

"Bet you don't normally wake up to a wonderful sight like this."

I must have been in the bathroom longer than I'd realized because there was a knock on the door. It was Aera.

"Oh my god." I groaned, pressing a hand to my head. "Everything hurts."

Aera poked her head in, grinning up to me. "There's some breakfast if you're hungry."

I squinted at her. "Sorry, I must have been a pain in the ass last night."

"How are you feeling?" She padded over to me.

"Shitty." I moaned. She stands next to me and ran her hand through my hair.

"You drank a lot last night. And you threw up."

"I threw up?" I rested my head on her shoulder as she continued to stroke my hair.

"Yeah. And, Seungwoo came."

"He came? What did he do?"

"Nothing much." She whispered. "Come on and get up. Eat and shower before I send you back home."

"Okay." I tried to walk, but a wave of nausea rolled over me. "Fuuuuck. I'm gonna throw up."

"Go!" She cried, tugging at me. "I'm not fucking cleaning up on you again. You got your vomit drool all over me."

"You cleaned up for me?" I looked up at her, touched. "That's so nice."

"Just go fucking throw up, Seul! I'm not cleaning your puke off the floor!"